Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 43UM7100PLB - No image, just sound

Hy everyone,

My living room TV is gone, no image and just sound, complete black screen.

It is only 2months out of warranty and I've toke it to LG, it is a very recent unit and the warranty has expired just 2 months ago, diagnostic: mainboard problem and must be swapped, the price is more then the TV it self so is not worth it.

I've explored a few 2nd hand units with the broken screen (the most common problem on LCD panels) and I've found a 49UM7100PLB, the mainboard is exactly the same. I've bought it, made the swap but nothing on the screen.

Is there any firmware or EEPROM to be programmed before this board can be fitted in my unit? The hardware seems exactly the same, same part-number so I'm a bit confused. By the way, I checked the backlit LED's, all are good, they are all on. The P/N of the board is EAX68253604 (1.0).

Appreciate your experienced inputs!

Re: LG 43UM7100PLB - No image, just sound

Backlight ????.

Comment

they lied or listed the wrong board on purpose, this tv should have problems with the panel or backlight, as all other LGs in the past that are lasting 2 years then dying, I don't know how this is acceptable.

Comment

Check the little mlc caps on the panel driver boards for shorts or very low ohms.

Comment

@Biruslapio: Do you think is the panel and not the board? I guess that the panels are very reliable nowadays, but I'm not as experienced on this as you guys.

@nomoresonys: I can check that caps, but i don't think I don't know which caps you mean exactly. I put a picture of a board here, if you can point me which to test I will use my esr02 capacitor tester to check those.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Was referring to the caps on the long thin panel driver boards not the mainboard.

Comment

all LG UJ/LJ and UH/LH series have bad panels, I am starting to see some UM appearing for sale with no image or some random lines.

test the panel boards capacitors as nomoresonys suggested.

Comment

Working...
              X