Need replacement suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need replacement suggestions

I thought I would ask around since my searches didnt turn up much. I am replacing some filter caps in an amp, and cant find the ones I want. I thought since this seems to be you guys passion you might know some good supply sources.

The originals are Capxon 35v 1000uF radial about 12.5x22mm. The ones I want are Rubycon, matching if possible. Anyway, I cant find them but I have exstrapolated the model number which should be something like 35SXC1000M13X26 or similar. The convention seems to be: Voltage>Model>Capacitance>Width>Height.

Obviously the voltage, and capacitance can be higher, but I would like to keep my cost fairly low. Unfortunately the dimentions are (slightly) critical since they are butted together on the pcb. They are about 12.5 or 13mm wide, and about 22 or 23mm high. The suitable model numbers out of the 2010 Rubycon catalog are SXG, SXC, SXR. These are the Over Voltage Venting models, and is a requirement for this application.

They dont have to be Rubycon, any quality cap that meet the specs should be fine, but I would rather not pay more than a buck ea if I can help it.

Thanks
    Bistable Multivibrator

Re: Need replacement suggestions

If you're talking about caps in the power supply section, then Panasonic FM's would fit the bill.

EEUFM1V102 12.5 x 25mm, 1000uF @ 35v

Digikey has them at $0.95 each or $0.709 each for 10 or more.

http://www.digikey.com/ - Plug in the number to the search box.

Toast
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but those are gen purpose caps. I need over volt resistant.

I will look around the digi site though. and I wasnt aware matsushita was still making discreet stuff, but makes sense cause I see pana batteries at the store all the time.
      Bistable Multivibrator

Comment

Not general purpose. High ripple low ESR caps.

Please state -all specs needed- and where you're using them when posting. Playing guessing games is a waste of time.

State ORIGINAL cap specs -completely- including SERIES. Then we can guide on direct or better replacement. CapXon makes 20 different types 1000uF/35v caps.

No source for Rubycon in USA. Little bits here and there from Newark. Just starting to carry but very few.

Toast
        veritas odium parit

Comment

Nevermind

1. As I stated over voltage resistant such as the rubycon sxc, sxg, or sxr series. You should read more carefully.

2. I already stated all the specs that are printed unless you want the vent temp.

3. If you read my original post carfully, I said they are going in an amp. 35v 1000 micro damn sure aint goin in the front end!! So yeah filter caps for the supply. Sorry if you needed to motivate an extra brain cell to catch that.

4. Sorry to have botherd you. Dont trouble yourself. I can manage. I usually find it easier to ask someone who might know the answer rather than spend several hours doing research.

Sorry if you thought I was playing games. Thanks anyway for the help. Goodbye.
          Bistable Multivibrator

Comment

{ Toast shakes head.... }

I was trying to get the info needed up front without chasing it down through 10 posts. I'm sorry you got the wrong impression.

The -replacements- you wanted were over voltage venting models. The originals caps you never gave us the -series- which is needed to do a cross reference. It's a 2 or 3 letter code -usually- next to or near the temp such as this: KF 105°C

Over Voltage Resistant is for high voltage caps, not low voltage.

That being said, examine -your- choices from Rubycon:
            SXG: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...409449a883.pdf
            SXC:
            SXR:

ALL of these are minimum of 20mm diameter.
            ALL of these START at 200v-250v and go up to 450v.

Toast
            veritas odium parit

Comment

are you looking for high-ripple current caps for an analog psu section?

Comment

I had a cat named Toasty (really did) The coolest cat I ever had!

Comment

Working...
                X