Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenith Z50PJ240 Not turning on

Hey all,

We have Zenith Z50PJ240 that is not powering on. When you hit the power button it will click, the screen will flicker, and then click again and shut off. I have unplugged all boards attached to the power board and it still did it. I inspected the power board and I could not see any defective caps. Still thinking that it was a bad power board, I ordered a replacement one and with it installed the problem issue is still there. I replaced the ysus and zsus boards two years ago because of a pixel sparkling issue and the tv has been fine since. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Zenith Z50PJ240 Not turning on

anyone?

Comment

Try this post for some information, it might be helpfull https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=50PJ240
      And this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32422
      Link to training manual
      Last edited by R_J; 05-25-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks RJ I will check those out

Comment

Ok, I am at a loss and could use some guidance....I have unplugged every board possible one at a time and the power still cycles. I thought it was the main power board so I bought one, put it in and nothing. Next logical in the startup sequence was the main board. I replaced it with no luck. The tv still clicks once then a few seconds later it clicks again and powers off. My next step I think is the logic control board? I am frustated beyond belief with this tv. Any help is appreciated

Comment

have you checked any of the voltages, esp. sustain on y main and x main? assuming this is a plasma since you said logic board. voltages should be marked on power supply near the connectors. with no pictures and no voltages, all we can say is we aren't mind readers and your guess is as good as mine. never just start pulling and changing boards till you know which is bad. if you put another bad board in then you will end up with multiple problems. guess is always the last board you replace.

Comment

did you try the EXT_AUTO_GEN ?
              Last edited by R_J; 06-01-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

If this is your power supply, check these 3 fuseable resistors. Should read dead short on continuity setting and around 10 ohms each.(send pictures).

Comment

Here is a Shoppjimmy pic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the delay responding but I have been out of town. Here is what I have done so far. I open the training manual that was provided above and followed the SMPB troubleshooting section. I have the 2 100W bulbs attached and they will power up momentarily twice when the AC cord is plugged in. I have verified voltage at SC101 at 123V. I have followed the steps for P301 with the jumper to ground and the two 100Ohm resistors. I am having a hard time checking voltage on P801 with the board in the tv. tvjimmy, I will check the fusible resistors and report back. Any other help or direction is appreciated.

Comment

Here is a pic of the boards

Attached Files

Comment

tvtimmy, I checked the fusible resistors and the top one is reading around 200Ohms resistance and OL on continuity. I am going to replace it and report back. Anything else that I should check while I am at it?

Comment

I found a resistor through Mouser but I am not sure it is the right one. The part number is 603-SQM500JB-10R can anyone confirm this is the right one?

Comment

Check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLXfYZ6-iwQ

Comment

Ok, I replaced the resistor and powered everything back up and the it turned on and stayed on!! The image was real light and a little pixely. I plugged in an hdmi cable and there was a pop and a tiny puff of smoke from the top of the xsus board and everything shutoff. It then returned to power cycling again. I checked the main power board and everything looked fine. I unplugged the ysus which feeds the xsus and the tv turned on and stayed on. I plugged the ysus back in with the xsus unplugged and it power cycled again. So my assumption at this point is that there is an issue with the ysus (turns on and stays on with it unplugged and faint pixely image) and possibly the xsus (slight puff of smoke and faint pixely image). Any helped is welcomed.

Comment

Pull the xsus and check for shorted igbts. I think you will find some. I would check the ysus also.

Comment

Tvtimmy, I had that thought and had pulled the ysus board to check them. Can they be tested in the board or do they all have to be removed to test them?

Comment

You can test them on the board. Put meter in continuity mode and check all 3 legs of the
                                    igbts. Make sure to check the xsus too. X can take out y and vice versa.
                                    If you cant find any shorted, pull a few out and check them in diode mode.

Comment

Working...
                                    X