Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need UEFI Password Removed from my Surface Pro 5 BIOS DUMP

Originally posted by peste View Post
    you will need an SPI programmer ... more information on the internet ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
    Thank you. There's no other way other than taking it apart?
    Last edited by djquickshouse@gmail.com; 07-11-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiO2 View Post
      Great, now I see the byte that matters Thanks, will try it!

Update: My Surface is alive again and running a recovery. Thanks a lot!!! You saved my day

Can you help me understand how you found the "byte" and where it is?

thanks

Comment

you will need an SPI programmer ... more information on the internet ...
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
        Hi guys,
        I have a surface pro 5 with a UEFI password. And I use a [FPTW64.exe] tool to dump my origin bios. Could you please help me remove the password? Thx!
        And here is my operation of dumping my bios into two files:
        one is the full SPI Flash with 16MBytes and the other is only the bios part with 10MBytes.

Code:
        PS C:\Users\Surface\Downloads\fpt11\WIN64> .\fptw64.exe -d surfacepro5_i5_7300u_full.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 11.8.70.3626
        Copyright (c) 2007 - 2019, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
          W25Q128FV  ID:0xEF4018  Size: 16384KB (131072Kb)

- Reading Flash [0x1000000] 16384KB of 16384KB - 100 percent complete.
        Writing flash contents to file "surfacepro5_i5_7300u_full.bin"...

Memory Dump Complete
        FPT Operation Successful.

PS C:\Users\Surface\Downloads\fpt11\WIN64> .\fptw64.exe -d surfacepro5_i5_7300u_bios.bin -bios

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 11.8.70.3626
        Copyright (c) 2007 - 2019, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
          W25Q128FV  ID:0xEF4018  Size: 16384KB (131072Kb)

- Reading Flash [0x1000000] 10240KB of 10240KB - 100 percent complete.
        Writing flash contents to file "surfacepro5_i5_7300u_bios.bin"...

Memory Dump Complete
        FPT Operation Successful.
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-12-2023, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Can anybody help me unlock my bios? I used UEFITool to read my bios but I have no idea how to change it.

Comment

Can you please unlock this EFI dump? It comes from the Surface 1796.

I did try to "FF" the dump from start-offset 600064 until end-offset 00614F4F but it didn't work. I can get into the EFI/BIOS but can't really click on anything.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazik View Post
              Can you please unlock this EFI dump? It comes from the Surface 1796.

I did try to "FF" the dump from start-offset 600064 until end-offset 00614F4F but it didn't work. I can get into the EFI/BIOS but can't really click on anything.

Thank you.
              try..
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

try..
                Thank you Peste.

I just realized that my original attempt (described above) to unlock the EFI was actually successful. Your file works as well. I was fooled by the touchpad and touchscreen not working in the EFI menu (on both - mine and yours files). After connecting external mouse I can change the EFI options on mine and yours EFI.

The Touchpad and Touchscreen works fine in Windows OS.

Regards

Peter
                Last edited by Kazik; 10-16-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Surface pro 5 with UEFI password. need help to unlock!

Comment

Originally posted by anjelics View Post
                    Surface pro 5 with UEFI password. need help to unlock!
                    Your file corrupted, read chip again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

hi hoaca388. I read chip 3 times, same result. I compared my dump with other and I see that my dump is mostly empty but that it. Surface is starting normal but windows is corupt. In BIOS I have few options after I receive message about UEFI settings protected by password

Comment

Surface Pro 5 1796 has UEFI password protection

Hi All,

I have a Surface Pro 5 1796 with UEFI password lock.
                        I downloaded the bios file from the internet and programmed the chip, which removed the ufi password, but the surfacepro serial number changed to 789789789, and some functions, such as battery charging and touch screen, ceased to function.
                        I backed up the original locked BIOS; can anyone assist me in removing the password from the original BIOS Dump?
                        Thank you very much.

Comment

Re: Surface Pro 5 1796 has UEFI password protection

Originally posted by iaf86@live.com View Post
                          Hi All,

I have a Surface Pro 5 1796 with UEFI password lock.
                          I downloaded the bios file from the internet and programmed the chip, which removed the ufi password, but the surfacepro serial number changed to 789789789, and some functions, such as battery charging and touch screen, ceased to function.
                          I backed up the original locked BIOS; can anyone assist me in removing the password from the original BIOS Dump?
                          Thank you very much.
                          try this
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

I have a surface pro 5 (8/256) 1796,M1007506-015
                            Bought it second hand from a shop, it works, I can reinstall it from usb, but when the system loads, a red bar with opened lock appears on top, which is annoying. (Also, I can't change the security, Tpm, secure boot settings in the Uefi menu) I made dump and attached from original rom.
                            Atm i flashed with OEMCA, SN.:789789789 without UUID. (Attached picture)
                            The touchscreen and TP works in Uefi, everything is fine until reinstall windows, what i thought without uuid: Surface app closing, and can't install drivers.
                            Anybody can help to unlock my original bios?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Redlikeblood View Post
                              I have a surface pro 5 (8/256) 1796,M1007506-015
                              Bought it second hand from a shop, it works, I can reinstall it from usb, but when the system loads, a red bar with opened lock appears on top, which is annoying. (Also, I can't change the security, Tpm, secure boot settings in the Uefi menu) I made dump and attached from original rom.
                              Atm i flashed with OEMCA, SN.:789789789 without UUID. (Attached picture)
                              The touchscreen and TP works in Uefi, everything is fine until reinstall windows, what i thought without uuid: Surface app closing, and can't install drivers.
                              Anybody can help to unlock my original bios?

Thank you
                              try
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                try
                                Wow, nice work, thank you.
                                Only one thing remained: the red bar with padlock on top.
                                I tried to set new password then cleared, without luck. Any idea?

Comment

Wow, nice work, thank you.
                                  Only one thing remained: the red bar with padlock on top.
                                  I tried to set new password then cleared, without luck. Any idea?
                                  found this on net:
                                  Solution: Turn on Secure Boot
                                  To turn on Secure Boot to help make your Surface more secure:
                                  Shut down your Surface and wait about 10 seconds to make sure it's off.
                                  Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface, and, at the same time, press and release the power button.
                                  The Microsoft or Surface logo appears on your screen. Continue to hold the volume-up button until the UEFI screen appears.
                                  Select Security.
                                  Under Secure Boot, select Change Configuration.
                                  Select a Secure Boot certificate keyset (for example, Microsoft only).
                                  Select Exit > Restart now to save your changes and restart your Surface.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by volinakis; 12-18-2022, 12:13 PM. Reason: add photos
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                  >>>>>

Comment

found this on net:
                                    Solution: Turn on Secure Boot
                                    To turn on Secure Boot to help make your Surface more secure:
                                    Shut down your Surface and wait about 10 seconds to make sure it's off.
                                    Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface, and, at the same time, press and release the power button.
                                    The Microsoft or Surface logo appears on your screen. Continue to hold the volume-up button until the UEFI screen appears.
                                    Select Security.
                                    Under Secure Boot, select Change Configuration.
                                    Select a Secure Boot certificate keyset (for example, Microsoft only).
                                    Select Exit > Restart now to save your changes and restart your Surface.
                                    Works perfectly Thank you again.

Comment

try
                                      Oh, the charging not working.

Comment

Bios does not contain PMC, I don't think it's from Bios. anyway try this clean ME.
                                        >>>>>

Comment

you already have bios with old ME cleaned. the file you sent was already cleaned. Here you have file with old ME cleaned and unlocked.
                                          >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                          X