X-Fi Fatal1ty full of Jamicons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X-Fi Fatal1ty full of Jamicons

Looking at my ISA soundcards, they have Unicap (470uF) and Jamicon, Soundblaster Live Jamicon.

My 2 SB240 Audigy 2 G-Luxon, Elgen, Jamicon. Biggest caps are 100uF which seems a bit feeble.

Interestingly the the non-gold plated SB240 has Winfast as the NP caps.

Be careful re-capping these, I forgot to order NP caps. And can't really stomach spending another weeks disposable wages on caps in only one week.

Also not sure recapping an audio device is good idea, usually such things are finely tuned for best audio quality.
    Last edited by Fizzycapola; 03-15-2007, 10:02 PM.
    Rubycon Rubycon Rubycon

Comment

Originally posted by trodas
      Hey, guys, are the Jamicons good caps?
      They aren't listed in the bad caps brand and my X-Fi is full of them

There is no other that Jamicon cap anywhere, and I'm not familiar with the brand. Do Creative just "trying the watters" on 260$ product or what?

I like they finally introduced a heatsink on the main chip, tought what this THIS:

Now is not the legs a bit unnecessary long, adding the ESL w/o reason? Even I did not dare to solder cap like this - even for the voltage filtering to the chip it probably did not mater so much, it clearly did not show any high level of manufacturing, tough
      I like it, its a good way to see if there is anything leaking from the bottom..

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzycapola
        Looking at my ISA soundcards, they have Unicap (470uF) and Jamicon, Soundblaster Live Jamicon.

My 2 SB240 Audigy 2 G-Luxon, Elgen, Jamicon. Biggest caps are 100uF which seems a bit feeble.
        That's because your old ISA cards probably have an OpAmp for powering an output channel for use with unpowered multi-media speakers. Old SB16's and like cards typically had the TEA2025b, which in their config would put out close to 700 milliwatts @ 4Ohms. New cards don't use this and although they do have output opamps, they are really only line drivers to help output to an external amplifier because the line level signal coming from the cards DSP is way too weak to travel over any real distance.
        Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Working...
        X