This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi I'm Jeth, im not an electronics guy but I dabbled with computers since grade school, I've learned to assemble and disassemble desktops just watching our technician when I was a student assistant in college. From then on, I've learned to repair and troubleshoot computers and accepting repair request on the side. But I wanted to learn electronics. I wonder if there is an IC that is damaged in the motherboard and if I can changed it. I've learned that you can change bad caps in interested into it. I think there is more information here about hardware that I will learn a lot. I'm an IT Staff by profession, and also making websites and part-time Instructor.

Thank you very much for accepting.

Comment

Hello from New Zealand!

I'm a radio engineer/electronics tech with over 40 years experience repairing and servicing all sorts of equipment including professional audio, broadcast, domestic audio, vintage audio equipment and more.

Comment

Hi I'm Paul from Canada. Have been a computer software & hardware guy for over 30 years. Commodore with tape drive was my second micro-computer. Moved to IBM & MS DOS version 1.0.

Was really advanced when I started posting updates to clients programs by spending almost $1000 on what we called 300 baud modems!
        A not-fond-of Microsoft guy, who made my living from their OS's & software. Travelled across Canada teaching for various training companies on all their products.
        Now, I help friends with hardware & software issues, volunteer to maintain a website for a dance club.

And hate the throw-away world we have now where a huge pile of glass & plastic like our TVs get thrown into landfill because no one fixes and parts are hard to find. So here I am trying to learn.

And hope to fix my own Panasonic tc-37lz85 with (I think) blown fuse on the t-con board. Am sure I'll be looking for help.

Thanks for welcoming.

Comment

hi, i am brian from canada, a hobbyist and do my own repairs. currently trying to fix my asus motherboard and after that will try to fix a hard drive to recover my data.

Comment

Hey I'm Junaid from Pakistan, I'm engineer and running student project based company named as Engineering Projects, we complete the students projects and help then to clear their final year projects preparations.

Comment

Hi, I'm Rafis. TV repair is my hobby.

Comment

Hi chaps, I'm Stas. trying to resurrect my old plasma

Comment

Hi crews, I'm Max from Germany. I'm professional musician playing several instruments. I also write computer software for my hobby.

I'm currently working on improving Macintosh emulation in the MAME/MESS project. I own a vintage Power Macintosh from 1994 that need a major recapping. I hope to get some help in this awesome forum.

Comment

Hey I'm Blogger and Software Engineer From Pakistan. How are you mates

Comment

Hi Guys.

New member here to this fantastic helpful forum! Full of great information and look forward to using it as often as possible!

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                        im new here, iam from germany and iam 36 years old ...

i sign up to this page because i want to know more about bad caps and their behavior.

at the moment i want to repair a geforce 980TI , it seems there is something wrong with the internal power supply. i will write mor einformations in the new threat in the matching subcategory

best regards

Ronny

Comment

Hi Friends
                          Need Hp Envy 4-1011sd bios bin file
                          Part no. La-9512P

Comment

Hi to all out thr in the virtual cloud, thank you for all of your time and wisdom and difference in perspectives . Hopefully I can bring to the table and help others as you all have done, thank you for this opportunity. I've sought out the mysterious force that compelled me backwards when I was at the young age that I thought it would be a good idea to stick a paperclip in an electric socket, I've become wiser (I've wondered) and now use meters and FVD's(foreign voltage devices). I'm still kicking so I'm sure I've used my share of angels up this far, looking forward to checking out the forums here on badcaps.net ,thanks again my fellow frequency enthusiast.

Comment

Hey all,

Just wanting to say hello. Am an IT Manager, Sys Admin, Coder and do a lot of component level repairs mostly as a hobby. Mostly Macbooks and other such crap from Apple.

Anyway. Thanks for having me.

Chuck

Comment

Hi,
                                Rex Turner from Oklahoma. I am an electrical design engineer who designs consumer electronics for the outdoor industry. (Think boats, ATV, Motorcycles etc.)

I have been in this industry for coming up on 40 years now. So let it be known, that I KNOW how to blow stuff up.

Got just short of 10 computers in the house and just got "gifted/cursed" with broken MacBook Pro and found this place during research at the board level.

Hopefully I can add some value as well as learn.

Thanks,
                                Rex

Comment

Hello friends,
                                  38 year old retired police Sgt, retired due to injury..... have fixed a few TVs in the past just by reading this forum, but have one thats got me stumped now so I need to ask a question.... and I gotta make this post to ask a question lol.

Comment

Oh, and im from the St.Louis area, my name is Travis

Comment

Hi Guys, My name is Mukund... Its my first attempt to fix LED TV.

Its gonna by fun.
                                      Cheers

Comment

hello .
                                        im bilal 25 years old from algeria, i work in a computer repair shop , im new to electronic and very interested in learning about it , and this is the best place to start

Comment

Hi I'm Mark. Looking for help fixing a Samsung TV which I think I broke by trying to open the E Manual on it..........

Comment

Working...
                                          X