This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I would think the main (tuner) board. I would be able to identify which board if you started your own thread and put the model number in the title. Then post pictures of the set.

try ebay. You will need to get the numbers off of the board.
    Last edited by Dgtech; 05-14-2014, 03:37 PM.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I live in southern California, usa, just wanted 2 say hello 2 every1.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I live in Columbus Ohio and work in the IT field. I came to this site looking for answers for repairing Sceptre X42GV-Komodon with a black screen. I've had success in fixing a Sceptre before but this one is a new animal. Looking forward to learning from this website.

Comment

hello to everyone. I joined this site to ask for your help in lcd tv repairing.

Comment

I presume I just reply in order to post here?
            Hope that is how it works.
            Cheers
            Paul Rosser

Comment

I think I have bad caps in a Samsung s23a350h monitor. My Heathkit oscilloscope also has bad caps, of which I am certain.

Comment

Hello. I'm Ben. I'm a bit of a component level electronics noon but I'm enjoying the learning process. Its good to be here

Comment

hi. newbie here. I want to exchange knowledge with folks here.

I have modified a dell adpater. now on to my second voltage adjustment work, a lenovo 90w 20a supply. I want to down adjust it to 12v. I have located the 2.5v resistor feedback chain. and ready to change the BOTTOM resistor values.

Now the question is, after I tuned it to 12v, do I get higher than 4.5A output rating? giving I have a 90w supply.

Comment

Just got registered and looking forward to getting to know the site and from what I have read, the very knowledgeable staff and members. I look forward to contributing where I can.

Just like to say, the site looks nice with easy navigation. Going to have some fun reading through the threads, lots to look at and absorb.

BTW: Registered as RGGreene but you can call me Bob, I'll update my profile as soon as I can.

Thanks and I'll see ya in the threads,

Bob

Comment

My name is Tom and I have become, out of necessity, a fixaholic. All the things that in years past I would have simply called a guy to fix, now falls on my shoulders. Fix it or it don't get fixed is a great motivator. Being in this situation, I'm especially grateful for communities like this one, who are there to lend their expertise and pass on the knowledge to others. I am of course here to hopefully solve my own current issue, but in doing so, may have the ability to help someone else down the road who is suffering the same problems with their electronics that I am, and pay it forward, as it were....

Thanks again for taking the time to not only setup and maintain such a site, but for also giving selflessly of your time and knowledge so some of us can become more self sufficient. Your cause is a noble one and a blessing for those of us need of help....

peace..... tom

Comment

Decided to register after some time reading many threads. This forum is indeed great for component level tinkerers like me & has helped me out many times.

I've been a Qualified Motor Mechanic for over 40 years now & still love it.
                        My hobby's have been electronics, model aircraft & classic sports cars for as long as i can remember.

A lot of interesting devices come my way as a friend runs a computer repair & recycling business. It's amazing (to me) what people throw away.

Anyway, my name is Mick, was born in 1955 & I'm from Coldstream, Victoria, Australia.
                        It's great to be aboard! Cheers.

Comment

Hello!

This is Sudheer and I am very interested in electronics concepts.

Comment

And I would be a clueless newbie, but an inquisitive one..
                            Wanting to learn how the gadgets around me are thwarting my plans...

Comment

Hi everyone,
                              my name is Jacob, from Czech Republic. I've been reading this forum for some time now and it helped me a lot with repairing a few damaged LCD's and PSU's. Now I've got two PSU's which will require something more than just replacing a few bulged caps or ccfl tubes, so I decided to register.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Joe and I'm from Indiana (hello Joe). I feel like i'm at an addict meeting already.

i'm your typical DIYer. Studied electrical engineering technology, work for a large healthcare company as a technical consultant. I enjoy wood working, home remodeling all sorts of electronics...probably pretty standard for this sort of place.

started working on a few monitors recently and while i was able to fix them i found this forum later and realized what a wealth of wisdom it is.

Comment

Brian here from Florida, ! Joining this forum for some help with my ASUS monitor, looks like a great community of knowledge. Although at this point I doubt I'll be able to help anyone else directly, maybe indirectly I will. Thanks in advance for any help provided!

and
                                  Last edited by thisdoesfine; 05-16-2014, 12:32 PM. Reason: :cheers:

Comment

Hello from Romania!
                                    I hope this forum will be an enjoyable experience and a good source of information for electronic repairs.

Comment

Hi, Ima not yet middle aged guy from ex-reich ex-soviet union, currently called EU. Studied electric stuff and comps in skuul. Ive found this forum and decided that Ill give it a try when rep. my mobo

Comment

Hello

I subscribed here since a while already as reader but I have never posted anything yet.
                                        Then I am electronic and computer technician.

Comment

Hello all!

Just doing the obligatory first post.

Thanks,

Vince

Comment

Working...
                                          X