Samsung un46b7100wfxza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung un46b7100wfxza

wow that is one "ugly" set of bottom tabs and edge boards. It is very likely that some of those tabs along the bottom are marginal... the bonding at the panel (thermally glued) are not good and can't be repaired. With the set on, take a pencil with an eraser end and gently touch / push on some of the tabs at or near the area of the vertical lines and see if you can impact the display (ie. lines get better or worse)... that will be the hint that those tabs are in trouble. IF you are lucky you might find the right ones and maybe be able to put some form of "thermal pad" pressure to hold the tab down better ... but in general, it is unlikely to be a long term fix. :-(

Comment

Re: Samsung un46b7100wfxza

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      wow that is one "ugly" set of bottom tabs and edge boards. It is very likely that some of those tabs along the bottom are marginal... the bonding at the panel (thermally glued) are not good and can't be repaired. With the set on, take a pencil with an eraser end and gently touch / push on some of the tabs at or near the area of the vertical lines and see if you can impact the display (ie. lines get better or worse)... that will be the hint that those tabs are in trouble. IF you are lucky you might find the right ones and maybe be able to put some form of "thermal pad" pressure to hold the tab down better ... but in general, it is unlikely to be a long term fix. :-(
      So essentially, the design of this television lends itself to failure? The amount of bands increases the margin for failure of the unit because more can go wrong?

That's what I got out of your reply at least. Based on what I have read and seen online I was wondering if this was a possibility; hence why I wanted to ask questions before I could endorse spending money on parts that may not fix the TV and put my relative out of $30.

Comment

Working...
      X