Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo LCD-42E30FA shuts down after 30 minutes

Hi Guys,
    Sanyo LCD-42E30FA chassis No SSA42UT-00 powers up normally when cold. After 30 minutes of running, noticed picture and sound lost and buttons not responding (no remote so cant test) Slight repeated "chirping" noise noticed. Pulled back cover, nothing obviously noticed so powered up and ran again. Now it wont fail (after and hour anyway). 5 volt, 12 volt and 24 volt rails are good. I am suspecting a heat soak problem with the back on.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Rob S
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo LCD-42E30FA shuts down after 30 minutes

Recapped the power supply and that sort of fixed the fails after 30 minutes...... Now it wont start at all !!!!! I am having a great day (NOT). All voltages are there (5V, 12V and 24V), Back lights are lit and the only button that does anything is the power button.
    Any clues ??

Thanks guys

Rob

Comment

There should be 2 fuses on main board. Your pic is fuzzy so I cant see where clearly. 1 for 5v and 1 for 12v, check too see they have volts on both ends.

There have been a few main boards lately failing from bad voltage regulators or like my 32" vizio from a bad dc/dc converter.

Comment

Tried a few more things today. Measured all the voltage reg outputs on the main board and all seam good. What was interesting is the TV worked for a while after I had disturbed the board. Pulled the main board, gave it a gentle twist and reinstalled. TV then worked for about 2 minutes. I am wondering if the CPU had unbonded itself. Have seen this on Xbox units, any thoughts people??

Regards

Rob

Comment

Ok, another update on this unit. Was running another TV on external antenna so did not have it connected to this unit. Powered up and after 20 seconds or so, the "no signal" icon shows up on the screen and does its normal thing of wandering around. The interesting thing now is that the unit has been running like this for 2 hours, looks quite normal, until I plug in the antenna. Now what it looks like is when the TV is receiving free to air signal( only digital here in Aus), about 30 seconds later, it locks up. Lose picture and sound and needs to be switched off and then back on to reset. Will be trying it on other video sources shortly to see if the fault is the same. Any clues?

Comment

Did you end up repairing this?

Comment

Originally posted by 6pacman View Post
              Did you end up repairing this?
              I'd try a firmware update/reapply if possible, can sometimes help when mainboard is acting up.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-20-2018, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X