Panasonic TC-P50VT20 10 Blink Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50VT20 10 Blink Code

Ok I have a Panasonic TC-P50VT20 TV that is exhibiting a 10 blink code error.

I have done some basic troubleshooting and hopefully someone could shed light on what is happening so I can replace/repair the correct board.

I have read the few documents on this issue related to 2010 models and it basically says, it's the A board, P board, SS board, or SC board.

I also read through this page https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46753 and they had similar problems.

What I have tested so far.

No visible arcs, marks, blown components, but the SC board side of the TV smelled a little off, like electrically burned smell.

Tested SC2 connector on SC board for short. Seems good. Removing SC2 connection and turning on gives 7 blinks, but I think that is normal.

Tried to do the A board isolation test by disconnecting P6 and P7 on P board, disconnected D5 ribbon from D and A board, and also installing a jumper on P34 connector from pin 1 to pin 3. My P7 cable has a
    a jumper between pins 12 and 14, so I also tried it there as well. Did not get a white screen.

Tested "After Power SW ON,F_STB 15V outputs at P6’s pin 9 15V outputs at P6’s pin 1 before Shutdown?" I get 15V on Pin 9 but I get 0V at Pin 1 for that 15 second period.

Panasonic's documentation say bad P board, but I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: I have dealt with a few panasonics, and it seems to always be SC related, and that smell of burnt electrical had my brain thinking, so I did a another look around, and I think i may have found my culprit.

Do my symptoms look to be just a bad SC board and nothing more?
    Last edited by GermanPlumber; 03-18-2018, 10:36 PM.

Re: Panasonic TC-P50VT20 10 Blink Code

Due to the damage on the SC board, I am going to get that repaired first, have the buffers tested for damage, and then will diagnose from there. The no white screen makes me think a bad power board or SC board.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanPlumber View Post
      The no white screen makes me think a bad power board
      The power board, at least according to some folks, should result in code #2, (SOS #2/ 2-blinks) but I dunno...
      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-20-2018, 08:12 AM.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Ok good to know. I'll report back with my findings after the SC board is fixed.

Comment

SC board repaired and TV is back up and running. I did have someone verify the buffer boards were still good. Ribbons had to be reseated (TV power off and disconnected from wall when reseating) as they werent inserted perfectly. Hopefully this helps the next guy.

Obvious things I learned.

1.) Look for obvious burn marks and off smells.
          2.)The 10 blink diagnostic code was helpful, but it pointed me to a bad main or power first and that wasn't accurate. If I didn't see the SC board damage, I wouldn't have guessed it.

Thanks again.

Comment

SC is the Y-sustain, according to Tom66.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
            X