Philips 47 Inch Ambilight no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 47 Inch Ambilight no power

Hi guys i have a Philips Ambilight model : 47PFL8404H/12 which when plugged in gives no red standby LED etc. i have tested the PSU and get no voltages apart from 3.3VSB which jumps between 2.28v and 3v and PS_ON which is giving around 3v. am i right in assuming that it is most likely the Mainboard at fault ?
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 47 Inch Ambilight no power

Yes most likely the Main Board has a problem. Do you know how to self test the PSU?

Comment

not sure how to do that. never done it.

Comment

If 3.3VSTB is jumping, more likely PSU than main. Could be a bad capacitor (startup or output), control IC, optocoupler, shorted diode etc.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

how can i test further ?

Comment

get better pictures of the main board left side - all those silver caps.
            something looks wrong - but it's hard to tell from the foto.

Comment

Have you got a hair drier you can use it for to heat the psu to see if it stabilises ?
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

On Main board you must have 1,2V 2,7 and 3,3 V around BGA IC......Do you have voltages?

Comment

Sorry guys not been on in a few days but i will post those pictures and use heat gun and retest voltages and post results tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X