New bluescreen message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New bluescreen message...

There are no new drivers for the 9800 Pro.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

The latest drivers for the 9800 Pro are dated February 2010 - like 2-3 years later than what you are using. Assuming you are using XP 32:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...3&lang=English

Ignore the secnd link, it's for the Rage Theater on ViVo and AIW models.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

also-install the latest gart/agp driver. i've had those cause issues with agp video cards before.
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I have a VIVO model... And yes i also have the latest AGP driver from VIA. But if it ain't broken, why fix it? I'll be getting a HD4650 or HD4670 this month anyway.
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

They made a 9800 ViVo?

Did they put Rage Theater 1 or 2 on it?

I want to test the video in of my 2900xt, I have to find the right cable though. The breakout box only gives me video out.
            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

If it helps any, i have an "ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver" in Device Manager. I don't remember exactly and i won't take the card out until i buy the new one, but i only recall "ATI Rage Theater" printed on it, not the number 2.

My card was made by Sapphire for IBM. It's one of the rarer models, with support for AGP2x as well. I wanted the best card that would still work in a BX motherboard back when i had that, and since the FX5900 or 5950 Ultra were very hard to find, i bought this one. AFAIK it's basically a 9800 Pro core on a 9700 Pro PCB.

Comment

Yes, I have the same exact device, that's the Rage Theater 2. I want to test it to see if it's any better than the Rage Theater I had on my Radeon 7xxx ViVo.

Yes, that is rare.... The FX history has been somewhat obfuscated by way of attrition (A lot of the old HW websites have completely disappeared from the web - as if they never existed), but I seem to remember that the first FXs that came out were likened to a leafblower on account of them being so loud.

I think they re-released the 5900 and 5950 but who knows. I don't think the info that's out there is reliable, and you can bet that the original ones only got a very limited release. Probably as difficult as finding a Voodoo 6.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                  but I seem to remember that the first FXs that came out were likened to a leafblower on account of them being so loud.
                  I remember that. Back then i was actually buying computer magazines - i had no internet.

Probably as difficult as finding a Voodoo 6.
                  There was no Voodoo 6. Perhaps you mean Voodoo 5 6000.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                    Probably as difficult as finding a Voodoo 6.

There was no Voodoo 6. Perhaps you mean Voodoo 5 6000.
                    that would be difficult then... VERY difficult
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
                    X