Samsung UN60J620DAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60J620DAF

Thanks in advance for your help! I've searched and posted a ton over the last two months of troubleshooting, and I just joined here, I am hoping someone can help me solve this puzzle

I have a Samsung UN60J620DAF that did the classic progressive flashing the picture on and off while sound remained on until finally flashing picture all the way off never to return. I ordered and installed new, LVDS cable, TCON board, and Power Board in that order, re-trouble shooting along the way.

Got picture back once TCON was installed, but the picture began blinking rapidly, slightly lighter to slightly darker. New Power Board did not resolve the issue.

Turned off ECO mode, reset TV, turned off, turned back on, updated software, checked TV source, HDMI source, ran picture tests but it's blinking during the tests. I also tried the original LVDS with the new TCON but the results were the same. I tried different power outlets with different power strips.

I have also opened the TV up to the LED strip level and see that all the LED bulbs turn on normally. I do not clearly see any burned bulbs to be able to identify a problem.

I'm considering ordering a new set of LED strips but I am hesitant to order them with all the LEDs appearing to work normally, and not sure if this will resolve the issue. Any help and your shared experience is much appreciated!

Pictures attached of TCON, Power Board, Video Board, and back chasis / boards layout. That is the original video board, practically the only thing I have not replaced, that and the LEDs.

Video of the “blinking” lighter and darker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Uyj_WQokQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOILWB1vyg
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN60J620DAF

See if you can find the backlight NOT brightness setting, turn it down see if the flashing changes any if not turn it up see if anything changes.

Comment

If the mainboard is disconnected from the power supply do the backlights come on and if they do without flickering.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, yes the backlights come on without flickering when disconnected from the power supply. Backlight adjusting did not resolve.

An update: Somehow, during the reassembly, one of the driver tabs got burned in the center of the ribbon, and is now displaying a bar of vertical lines in the screen in relation to its placement on the driver board. Is there a repair for this ribbon? There is a visible burn mark. It is also hot to touch when the tv is powered on, I learned this inspecting it, thinking it could have been moved improperly and was causing the vertical lines.

Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry, a damaged Tab cannot be repaired, the original fault was the screen matrix and this was obvious, so you can sell all of your boards as good. Bye..
          Last edited by Davi.p; 07-02-2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

what is the screen matrix?

Comment

The part of the screen that contains the pixels and sometimes other

Comment

Working...
              X