42"Fluid plasma tv Mod#(Samsung)pn50b550t2f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42"Fluid plasma tv Mod#(Samsung)pn50b550t2f

Tried jumpers in all configs, no joy, no test patterns dark screen. Voltages appear good.

Comment

Firstly, Check for correct 60?V Va Voltage on PSU. If OK, then--

Check the SMD Fuse on the Bottom Address board, a tiny white 4A? fuse near the Va plug lead on bottom edge of the panel.

IF its blown, there'll be a S/C SMD 1206? Cap on one of the Va supplies to a COF chip Under that metal strip on bottom edge of panel.

Take Great Care removing and re-installing this metal strip as the chips on the Mylar FPC's are pretty delicate die devices.

If you remove that metal to find the duff cap (will be obvious--burned--just cut it out of circuit and reassemble), it MUST be refitted before set is fired up--or a COF Chip will prob self destruct--its the heatsink for 'em all....
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Hi, Alastair E, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not an electronics tech and therefore your abrieviations aren't familiar to me. All voltages on psu are good. Is the address board the same as the control/logic board? I found what may be a tiny white fuse and it is good. It is the intermittent part that i find maddening. All help and ideas welcome.

Comment

No--The Address-Board is that one that runs along the Bottom Of The Glass of the panel itself,--the full width of screen.

Where the two/three pin lead/plug connects to that, thin bottom board there'll be a small oblong SMD (Surface-Mount) fuse.
          --It may be partially covered by the metalwork strip that covers/heatsinks the COF chips along the outer-edge of the Glass PDP panel itself...

No Va to COF chips--for whatever reason, = no image at all.
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Ok.found the fuse and it is good, Va on terminals 1&2 =54.1v. Sticker says 54.v. man those covers are bitch, only managed to get them up to about 75 degrees and then saw I needent have bothered hope I don't have to get them off...

Comment

I'vae noticed that while the green led on the logic board flashs there is another small vertical board on the bottom of the main board the stays on when turned on. Is this an error code?

Comment

bump? I really need help with this tv as it's face down on my living room coffee table and I don't have any room to put my drink,,lol.

Comment

Its not getting a singal to process an image, check google on how to hook up the test patterns properly.
                  Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by rich-t View Post
                    Tried jumpers in all configs, no joy, no test patterns dark screen. Voltages appear good.
                    Did you have the LVDS cable removed when trying the test patterns?
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjrwTZC5nVg
                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-26-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

yes had cable disconnected, going to google now. Thanks guys.

Comment

see my edit above for youtube video

Comment

Ok have googled til my eyes are bleeding and can't find the instruction for my model(board) but found 1 that tells me to jump 2 pins, got that done, and then unplug the
                          LDVS cable I don't know which one it is. Here's a pic of my board again, and then jump 2 pins.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1482773426
                          Attached Files

Comment

i think its the top one with multi strands of wire but wait for conformation first.

Comment

Ok, Thanks. That top connector is epoxyed in at both ends and the 1 shown on u-tube is a ribbon cable .
                              Last edited by rich-t; 12-26-2016, 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

where does the other end of that cable thats epoxeyed go to?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                  where does the other end of that cable thats epoxeyed go to?
                                  It goes to the board mounted above (lousy design) it. I'll try to show a pic.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

i still think thats the lead you need to dissconnect wait though for someone to confirm.

Comment

That is NOT the lvds lead, disconnect at control board end one with multileads.
                                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

My bad, It's the connector to the right and slightly above in the pic. Epoxy on the wies but it might still unplug.

Comment

the one in post 32 reece top right?

Comment

Working...
                                          X