Asus p5kpl-am epu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus p5kpl-am epu

When I push the power button the board powered up but no display, POST or even beep. It has the so called "solid capacitor" but underneath the processor's heatsink was very hot and I could see the brownish discoloration of the PCB. Is the "solid capacitor" prone to badcap or an exemption?

Re: Asus p5kpl-am epu

The solid capacitors aren't prone to failure and are not the cause of your problem. It sounds like a partially shorted VRM may be the cause fo the problem. Since its an ASUS board, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

This model commonly has failed NIKOS MOSFETS near the coin-cell battery.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Thanks c_hegge & mockingbird for the info. I will test the component involved and replaced it. Thanks

Comment

ME too have the same problem with the same motherboard. Do you know what replacements should i use for those mosfets?
          http://nishantpinto.blogspot.in/

Comment

Not without a part number.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

You will need either a really hot iron with a flat-tipped bit or a reflow gun with a really narrow nozzle to take the old MOSFET off. This is the only time when my 30W iron is not able to do the job. Like PCBONEZ says, post the part number.
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Thank for replying.
                Ok, This is what I found.

Nikos
                P09036BDG
                VN38J1M12

Comment

I think these will work fine, but please ask PCBONEZ to confirm:
                  http://search.digikey.com/ca/en/prod...8CT-ND/1154651
                  http://search.digikey.com/ca/en/prod...PBF-ND/1300684
                  http://search.digikey.com/ca/en/prod...0CT-ND/1305821
                  http://search.digikey.com/ca/en/prod...8-1-ND/2170236

There are more available on Digikey.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this info. CHEERS

Comment

I'm not proficient in transistor swapping. [Hardly ever do it..]
                      Better to ask Toasty if you need confirmation.
                      Mann-Made Global Warming.
                      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                      -

Comment

i have the same board, it work fine with pentium 4, 2.66GHz but on other higher processor, it freezes and sometimes it won't POST...any idea will be highly appreciated...thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X