OLED65G6P-U.BUSWLJR Temperature sensor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLED65G6P-U.BUSWLJR Temperature sensor issue

I am a very beginner at tv repairs. I am trying to fix my tv before I end up buying a new one. I do not know names of boards, but I will do my best to explain what I have done so far.
    Tv is an LG OLED65G6P manufactured in april 2016. I had a warranty on it till September of 2021. Warranty is done. The problem I am having is when I turn the tv on after about two or so minutes a popup comes up and says the temperature sensor issue, and then it powers itself off. The tv works as designed, picture, sound, wifi, settings and everything, before it just powers itself down.
    So i did what any person would do and I looked on Google for the temperature sensor. I ordered the $15 sensor. and installed it. The temperature sensor is a very small 1x1 inch circuit board. After install same problem.
    A previous repair while it was under warranty June 2021 was a main motherboard for a separate problem. That problem was the cable connection kept disconnecting, so the warranty replaced the main circuit board where the cable goes into the tv. But this issue with temperature happened after a few months after when the warranty expired.
    So once again I go to google and didnt really find any viable information. So I did what i felt was the right thing. I spent $125 and replaced two of the three remaining circuit boards. So now the only board that was not replaced was the video board. There are four big main circuit boards on this tv. I have replaced three of them.
    I really need help. This tv cost $3000 when I bought it and dont have that money to get a similar tv.
    Does anyone know much about this. Just to quickly recap. When I turn the tv on a pop comes up and states the temperature sensor issue, and then the tv powers down.

The lg part numbers I have installed so far are:
    eay64339201 lg power supply master
    eay64349202 lg power supply slave
    ebr82440301 lg sub pcb assy, (temp sensor) Could this be incorrect sensor?

The board replaced under warranty, i do not have the part number.
    I appreciate the time spent helping me out.

One thing I forgot to mention. Last time I messed with it, I decided to put the tv in reset mode to reset to factory settings. and now I am stuck in the opening sequence of time, language etc etc. Tv doesnt stay on long enough to get past this part.
    Last edited by drake441335; 02-13-2022, 03:45 PM.

Re: OLED65G6P-U.BUSWLJR Temperature sensor issue

Maybe turn off all the Ambient light temperature picture optimization and crap like that, see if it makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Maybe turn off all the Ambient light temperature picture optimization and crap like that, see if it makes any difference.
      I cant get to the settings on the tv, I edited my post. I am in factory reset screen. And tv wont stay on long enough for me to get past the opening, language, time zone, etc etc.

Comment

i just wounder what temperature sensor you replaced... its TV not cooker LOL

so stop doing any things... upload focused clear photos on the whole back and the all boards you replaced ..

this error and go to shutdown to protect the panel module its 90% happen because one of the cable / sockets get on power boards warming up and the resistances of them changed so the MICOM on main boards watching this and turn the tv off.

so start with photos.

Comment

seems reasonable diah, try that, here's a little article i ran across: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...-issue-repair/

Comment

seems reasonable diah, try that, here's a little article i ran across: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...-issue-repair/
            we have this error of warrning same on this threat https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103155

Comment

Yep, seems like they need to use bigger guage wires on those connectors, seems like the engineers would know that. Probably more planned obsolescence like way over-driving the leds on the led tvs etc.

Comment

Just had a few connector wires go fried on my old sammy ccfl tv from 2007, had to get a new little harness, not too mad tho, it's been working hard for 15 years now, only repair was replaced mainboard in 2015.

Comment

Yep, seems like they need to use bigger guage wires on those connectors, seems like the engineers would know that. Probably more planned obsolescence like way over-driving the leds on the led tvs etc.
                  this happen almost on 65 size OLED and above. because they used same socket and cable at 55 size and below... cheap manufacturing sourcing.. 65 OLED pull current from the 24V PCB rail, 1/3 more than 55 OLED.

Comment

Holy cow, that makes them a dangerous fire hazard, if I bought one I would be trying for a refund or at least trying to get them to fix it for no charge, that's disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      so start with photos.
                      Sorry, I started a new job and getting back to this tv was not a priority. here are the pictures. the pictures show all pieces i have replaced. the wires in the final pictured were not replaced, i just took the picture for part numbers for myself.
                      thanks for your help

Attached Files
                      Last edited by drake441335; 02-25-2022, 07:28 AM. Reason: pics

Comment

Originally posted by drake441335 View Post
                        i just took the picture for part numbers for myself. thanks for your help
                        if yours cable and socket fine at power boards and there are no burn then you have the problem with this FAN, the RM ( spinning )of it became low so its resistance become high.

open it clean and oil the shift of it. if it still make noise and didnt spin in high speed as i think its 12V you can use PC FAN too and see the tv will remain on
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Diah; 02-25-2022, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I will look into it this weekend. thanks for feedback.

Comment

Well, I decided that trying to make this repair myself was starting to get above my head. I took the tv into a repair facility. they told me that the main board is not communication with the temp sensor. The board with the metal on top of it is the one that is not communicating. The board is on order and will be installed next week or so.
                            I truly thank you all for your help.

Comment

short and clear words.. they told you a lie. its FAN issue
                              the top boards you mentioned are the T-CON driver boards had nothings to do.
                              the FAN will sitting on it to pull air. that's all... am sure this shop owner a member in this forum... so if you read take it easy.. earning money are your right but not by lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                short and clear words.. they told you a lie. its FAN issue
                                the top boards you mentioned are the T-CON driver boards had nothings to do.
                                the FAN will sitting on it to pull air. that's all... am sure this shop owner a member in this forum... so if you read take it easy.. earning money are your right but not by lie.
                                same tv, similar issue. tv will come on and screen will display normally but then after about 45 seconds it will shut off and go back to standby red led. my initial thought was temp sensor or fan fault (how i found this thread and forum) but if i uplug the fan or temp sensor the tv will shut off just the same.

i am also only getting 3.5v on the 12VT_ON pin at all times. is that normal?

OP did the main board replacement fix your issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X