Vizio E701i-a3 t-con board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E701i-a3 t-con board

After a long time sitting on side burner I decided to start working on this set again. I read the other threads on this model and found that my t-con was bad so I ordered the replacement mosfet and replaced it but the tcon still has no power at big silver cap. The tcon does have 16.9 volts at the fuse and at the component marked 100(coil?). Any ideas on what else could be fried on this board?
    Also I put a tcon from a e601i and the tv powers up with a picture however I read on one of the threads that the tcons from the E601(ZC) is different than the E701(ZH). Does anyone know what the differences are and if this tcon will ruin anything if I run the tv with it. I only had it running for a short time with it to check the panel then shut it off. Thanks

Re: Vizio E701i-a3 t-con board

17v on t-con input?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Yes, 17 at fuse at tcon input

Comment

I'd put the original tcon back in and see if tcon fuse is still 17 volts.

Comment

I did put it back in and it still reads 17v at fuse and 17v at 100(gray coil) 0v at big silver capacitor.

Comment

This is a big tv, but I don't know of any that are more than 12v. Is there a voltage marking around input?

Comment

It says 5a 32v and points to fuse, must be a rating for fuse. I will try to post pics of tcon tomorrow.

Comment

Yes there's a problem, if your meter is reading correctly 17 volts is too high, post #5: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...a3+t-con+board

Comment

Freakafter8 and Budwich both have threads that go into great detail on the E701i-a3 and 60 inch model.

Comment

Update; it was an inaccurate meter, I tried another meter and the voltage was around 12v. I also found a bad solder joint on the tcon that I replaced the mosfet and that seems to work now. The set is working but with the main board from a 60"(E601i)set. The main board for this set(E701i) doesnt seem to be working, it did have red light blinking at the optical input but that has stopped. Is there any way to check and repair these boards?

Comment

Mainboards seem a lot harder than powerboards to fix, if you have one working good you could check some voltages of the good one and compare it to the faulty one, doesn't seem like the faulty board will hurt anything if you put it back in to compare, there's some good videos on youtube for checking mainboards. If it's some kind of software, firmware glitch, Diah is a wizard at that stuff.

Comment

So we have gone from t-con to mainboard. Find voltages from your working board. You should then be able to compare between your bad board. Including voltages at your power board when in stand by and power on.
                        You beat me to it.

Comment

I will be doing some comparison checks to see if I can find where the fault is. I will also check out the youtube videos for tips. My concern is that I am not sure of the compatability of the working main board since it isn't for this set. Thank you all for your advice and help!

Comment

They pretty much all run on the same voltages. 12v, 5v, 3.3v, 1.8v. 1.2v

Comment

Thanks for all the help.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X