Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Misery of Vestel Corrupt Firmware - Many Questions! (17MB95M - Hitachi 42HYT42U)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Misery of Vestel Corrupt Firmware - Many Questions! (17MB95M - Hitachi 42HYT4

A small point that may evaded you is that they do two different versions of power supply and main board for this model! This is as a result of them having two different screens in them!
    So this maybe why your main boards are not behaving as they should! If you have inadvertently mixed up the boards! Which might explain why you have had so many issues with so called working boards?
    This I have found out after purchasing a broken screen model of this TV to find out its a different screen and leds inside! I was after the working leds which were different from the first TV of the same model number.

Comment

Re: The Misery of Vestel Corrupt Firmware - Many Questions! (17MB95M - Hitachi 42HYT4

Interesting, screen is gone now, still got all the boards somewhere. I did measure the voltages coming from the board though.

Also I got it to stay on (blue led but black screen with backlight) by flashing a different firmware.

All very confusing.

Comment

And one of the boards I bought the seller had pictures of it fully working on a cracked screen so that tv sent me crazy....

Wasted so much time on it.

Comment

One of the boards use a 17IPS20 PSU and the other uses a 17IPS71 PSU. The 17IPS71 uses the screen VES420UNDL-2D-N03 which uses 36leds in the panel.
          The 17IPS20 panel is a VES420UNDL-N01 which has 48 leds in the panel.
          So the power supplies have different voltage output with each other.
          There is around 36V difference which would explain why your boards were shutting down! So the firmware of the main boards were probably OK just the psu's were wrong for the panel. If the original psu was swopped over with the incorrect one then you were on a hiding to nothing or even if the 17ips20 psu was changed for a different variant you would have been in the same situation.
          The power supply was probably shutting down your leds and turning the TV off! Result being you concluded the main board firmware was at issue!
          Just read and found that you had the VES420UNDL-2D-N03 which uses the 17IPS71 psu which can have failed diodes on them. It should have the 23224752 on the white label if it is the correct one for the TV?
          It might be worth checking to see if it's correct at least that way you may get some understanding as to what was happening.
          Last edited by cheeky2; 11-04-2019, 08:17 AM. Reason: mistake on led count!

Comment

Cool, I have all the boards so I will dig them out and report back...

Cheers.

Comment

The correct main board for it should be a white label with the following numbers:
              10093507 23225762
              Just so that you can verify the main boards purchased are correct.

Comment

Just had one come in and the 17ips20 psu has a larger connector on the main board which means that you couldn't confuse the main boards as one of the mains is a 17mb95 and the other is a 7mb95m.
                So my thoughts on this are incorrect!
                My only conclusion is the firmware has various versions which is normally shown on the label of the board ie v3.6.3j and v3.2.9r latest version is the highest number. This information can be found on the white label on the main board.
                Its possible that the files you were trying to get were from different versions of software.

Comment

Working...
                X