Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic vx2025wm occasional distorted/fuzzy image

Hello again, guys..

I had recapped the power & inverter board of this Viewsonic vx2025wm however during trial/testing it it gave an occasional distorted/fuzzy image. See photos attached. As of now, there is no clear pattern when the defect will come & go.. Sometimes during idle, sometimes during surfing the internet. The duration of the distortion is also not fix (approx range 5-20sec).. As far as i remember all the panel cables , power, inverter, logic card wires are all 'seated' correctly..

Have any of you guys have this experience before?.. Could it be the logic card problem? Or panel problem? Just to share the sticker on the back of the monitor shows manufacture date is 2006 but when i check using Everest software, it stated that manufacture year for the LCD is 2000?!?!?... ..

many thanks, as usual, for all your inputs...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by newbie1; 12-07-2010, 10:16 AM.

Re: Viewsonic vx2025wm occasional distorted/fuzzy image

Greetings! Post some photos of the power supply and logic card. If the output voltages of the power supply are good and steady, then:

1) Make sure video cable from pc to monitor is good.

2) Reseat ribbon cable(s) between LCD panel and logic card.

3) Measure the output of the voltage regulators on the logic card.

4) Caps on logic card may have dried out.

Comment

Next time it starts spazzing out, bring up the monitor's menu. Is it distorted too?

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
        Greetings! Post some photos of the power supply and logic card. If the output voltages of the power supply are good and steady, then:

1) Make sure video cable from pc to monitor is good.

2) Reseat ribbon cable(s) between LCD panel and logic card.

3) Measure the output of the voltage regulators on the logic card.

4) Caps on logic card may have dried out.
        Hello jetadm123,
        As usual, thanks for the inputs.
        Damn. I should have taken them before i close the cover up. .
        As of now, the defect is bearable (come and go for a few sec). Maybe if it is happening more frequently i would open it up again & take the photos as well as measure the points you stated above. But i would not be sure how soon it would be.
        Hope you have a Good night, buddy!..

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post
          Next time it starts spazzing out, bring up the monitor's menu. Is it distorted too?
          Hi, weirdlookinguy. I will take note of it & report back. Just wondering, if it IS distorted what does it indicate?.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie1 View Post
            Hi, weirdlookinguy. I will take note of it & report back. Just wondering, if it IS distorted what does it indicate?.
            If it is distorted it indicates the problem originates in the video processor or the panel card. If it is NOT distorted the problem originates in the computer's video card, video cable, or the video processor.

The symptoms suggest an intermittent connection.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
              If it is distorted it indicates the problem originates in the video processor or the panel card. If it is NOT distorted the problem originates in the computer's video card, video cable, or the video processor.

PlainBill
              Hi chief,

The menu IS distorted when the image gets fuzzy. However, the distortion is less frequent now.. hhhmm. Do you guys think, that if i continue using it, would i risk burning/corrupting the memory or video processor?
              If it gets more frequent to the point of no return, I will update again, with photos, to continue troubleshooting the video processor or the panel card. Now, i understand what you guys mean by not worth dissembling the monitor again for a few cents. ..

Comment

Originally posted by newbie1 View Post
                Hi chief,

The menu IS distorted when the image gets fuzzy. However, the distortion is less frequent now.. hhhmm. Do you guys think, that if i continue using it, would i risk burning/corrupting the memory or video processor?
                If it gets more frequent to the point of no return, I will update again, with photos, to continue troubleshooting the video processor or the panel card. Now, i understand what you guys mean by not worth dissembling the monitor again for a few cents. ..

The monitor is trying to tell you something is not right. Generally, these problems don't solve themselves and only get worse. If you're waiting for the image to go black before doing anything, then it might be too late.......

Comment

Ok, jet. Got it. I will ask my kids to stop using it for now. I do not want it end up like my HP F1905...
                  Let me try to clear space for it first, though. Probably it will takes a week or two to do so.

Comment

This monitor was chucked under the bed for months now..
                    The eggs were hatched & baby spiders were seen crawling all over the panel.. ..
                    Finally, today. l decided to do something about it.

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post

PlainBill
                    Tear it apart.. again...
                    & the only intermittent connection i can think of is the LVDS cable/connection.
                    Upon closer inspection, observed that the gold LVDS connectors are a little dirty/stained. Brushed them & a did little light scrapping using the tip of the multimeter on them. Fixed them back & (...SO FAR..) it works great. No distorted/fuzzy image.. Hope it will hold-up..

thanks again to ALL that contributed to this thread...

Comment

Working...
                    X