Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese low ESR electrolytic capacitors that are decent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese low ESR electrolytic capacitors that are decent?

I have used Lelon (the ones with black and orange sleeve), I found out that those were the original caps used on my router, that has been turned on 24/7 since approx 2007 - 2008 and still going strong.
    I was able to source the same caps from Ebay and I recapped my monitor with them three years ago, to test the longetivity of them and it's been in daily use ever since.
    I've also had success with Taicon and SamWha capacitors. Now I have seen quite a few failed SamWhas on Samsung TV's but they all were about 5 to 7 years old before they failed, so I'd say they're good enough for a "sunday repairer" that does not do repairs for clients.

Comment

Originally posted by PanicMechanic View Post
      Hi. We all know that Japanese caps are the best. But they are not aveliable (not counting fakes) on Aliexpress/eBay.
      Is there a list of Chinese electrolytic capacitors that are decent? I am mostly intereasted in low ESR ones.

P.S. I wanted to ask this in more detail in a new topic, but I can not open one.
      TK is a good brand of cap, I've seen them in a LOT of audio equipment, mainly newer manufactured guitar amplifiers. Very common there.

As for Chinese brands that are decent, my pick is for user and sale is Supertech. (http://www.supertech.com.tw/)

If your order 1000 25v 2200uF caps, which is the MOQ, they are 15 cents USD each, which is pretty good IMO. They're very prompt about shipping and pack the caps well. As far as the ESR goes, personal experience has shown me that they hold very good low esr.

As for other brands I'd vouch for would be Lelon, Su-Scon, and Ltec. However, when using the last 3 brands, don't trust the ripple current ratings. I've seen these be used in Behringer and Mackie systems. I have older systems that have used these caps that have not popped a single one, however there are usually forests of these caps, meaning they are all being used much below their ratings. I have seen CapXon and Ltec in Corsair PSUs, and Corsair advertises on their website they they run said caps at 1/4th their rated ripple. As for Su-Scon, HP uses these extensively in printer power supplies as well as Lelon, I have an HP A909A that has a PSU that uses two different input filtering caps, one is a 100uF Lelon, the other is a 120uF Su-Scon...? I'm not sure why they've done that, but none of the caps have failed, the secondary side is the same way, two brands doing the same thing as it's a 18v power supply.

As far as more trusted brands go, Taicon is the best IMO, and Samxon is the runner up. I'd use either brand anywhere where reliability is important.

Another note, don't be like all the manufacturers and use the 2000 hour rated low ESR caps, get some decent ones that offer high ripple, low esr, and long life. Get ones that are designed to have the best life, even if they'll far exceed their lifespan rated for 2000 hours.
      Popcorn.

Comment

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
        Okay, i was just curious because i found some that say JAPAN on them and the rubber plug on the bottom looks just like the one panasonic uses.
        Toshin Kogyo, some series may be good but lot of them fail espesically in Mac's, see arround. I personaly replace them on sight.

mariushm: exactly my thinking. The most expensive part of each job is to actually open it, do it and close it. The caps are just a minor cost of the operation. So why on earth not doing it properly already?!

If you guys are some repair shops and use reasonable volume of caps, I of course offer flat-rate discounts in such cases. Also if you believe you can resell them in your country, same case. It's win-win for both sides, the higher the volume I take, the better prices I can get from the distributor, or became one too (factories do not even talk to you directly if you don't order at least higher hundreds of thousand pcs per year).
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
          fail espesically in Mac's, see arround. I
          You mean like Nichicon??
          Last edited by Stefan Payne; 05-23-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I am now looking to buy some 10uF 400V 105oC electrolytic capacitors from Aliexpress.

For those values, I found these Chinese brands:

WKXC
            Elite
            Chenxing
            Chengx
            Chengx
            LSHC
            Ltec

The rest are counterfeit Japanese and Korean caps, and no-name ones.

I will use these caps as a replacement caps for my own devices and for hobby projects.

Which one of these manufacturers are decent? I know of Ltec, Elite and Chong (with an "o"). Those should be OK for my needs. But maybe other brands from the list are better?
            Last edited by PanicMechanic; 10-30-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Chong is crap, also the Chong capacitors may actually be 250v, not 400v.
              Ltec is decent at best, same goes for Elite.
              As for all of the others, you should avoid them.
              I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Thanks. That is what I thought. But I did not know that about Chong.

Comment

If all goes well, I'll have some of the new Rubycon BXF series made, I think there are some 10uF/450 V in only D10x16. If I order soon they should arrive in early spring…in the end the price is similar and the quality does not bear comparison.
                  Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

TME.eu (Polish distributor of electronic components) stocks Elite, Aishi , Samwha, Samxon and Yageo besides Panasonic, Rubycon Nichicon and Vishay

They also list "jb capacitors" , first time i hear of them... i don't know them.

Here's the pages:

1. "Regular 105c electrolytic capacitors" : https://www.tme.eu/en/katalog/105deg...citors_112345/
                    2. "Low impedance" 105c electrolytic capacitors : https://www.tme.eu/en/katalog/tht-lo...citors_100264/

There's other categories (85c, 125c , bipolar)

No need to hit eBay for fake or crap brands of capacitors if they'll ship to you for a reasonable fee. Alternatively hit me or Behemot and we'll order for you and route the package to you and at least you get genuine chinese or taiwanese capacitors.

In my case, tme.eu charges 5 euro per package or something like that, so if they won't ship to your country i could order for you as long as you pay the postage from tme to me and from me to you.

edit: ah, i see i already posted a few messages on this thread already... someone revived it. Still, seems like new additions were made to tme.eu 's inventory.
                    Last edited by mariushm; 10-30-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Well I actually have 70+ models and 50000+ caps on stock so I can supply most needs around the usual stuff right away

Comment

It's OK. If I need a good quality reliable caps, I can order them via some company. But it is expensive. They charge 10% for that, and I have to pay for customs fee, taxes and local shipping. I like Aliexpress, because shipping is almost always free, and they ship by regular mail, which means that I don't pay for customs fee or taxes if the order is less than 50 Euros. Component distributors ship only with courier services, which is the worst for my country.

Also, there is a Bulgarian company in my country that has components from Farnell (but much much less choice). I can buy Fujicon caps (of those values) from them: http://store.comet.rs/Catalogue/Product/6825/
                        Last edited by PanicMechanic; 10-31-2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

I ship via regular (air) mail too, what else should I use?

All these farnells and other overpriced corporations usually ask +half to double my price. I have a feeling that those resellers will make it even worse.

What the heck is Fujicon and how does that 2000 hours of (rated!=guaranteed) life compare to the 10000 hours of Rubycon BXA?
                          Last edited by Behemot; 10-31-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

TME is a lot cheaper than Farnell in my experience. It may be a viable solution to you, taxes and all. I ordered a bunch of Nichicons from them and ended up over 30% cheaper than Farnell.
                            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
                            X