Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN65MU9000FXZA Horizontal Lines (Constant and Flickering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN65MU9000FXZA Horizontal Lines (Constant and Flickering)

Figured I would post here before throwing TV to the curb.

TV is about 2 years old. Constant Horizontal Lines have developed on about 3/4 of the TV. Some lines also flicker and the picture duplicates itself creating a ghosting like effect. See video link below. If additional pictures and/or video would help please let me know and i will post more.

YouTube Video Link

Is it worth trying to replace the main and/or power board(s)?

or

Is the panel 100% bad?

I took it apart last night and re-seated the ribbon cables from the main board to the panel and the ones linking the panels together. No changes. I tried manipulating the ribbon cables to try to see a change but couldn't get the lines to change at all.

Also, there is no visible damage. The capacitors look ok and i haven't found any burn marks on any of the ribbons or components. The ribbons going from the board to the front panel do get warm to the touch. I'm assuming this is normal?

I am very comfortable replacing any board(s) and/or led lights but i do not think i am able to mess with the bonding tabs coming from the panel.

Is there anyway to confirm 100% that this is a panel issue and not worth the fix before throwing it away. It is hard to part with a TV that is not really old and still works except for the lines.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Arthur
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Freefaller85; 02-06-2020, 09:30 AM.

Re: Samsung UN65MU9000FXZA Horizontal Lines (Constant and Flickering)

Took a few more picture for more reference as well as another video link below.

https://youtu.be/N0J30_70jB0

This evening i removed the bottom frame bracket to examine the bonded cables connected to the panel. I couldn't find any burn marks and when pressing on the panel by the connections to the panel trying to find a short, i wasn't able to make the lines change. The only think i noticed was a small gray spot on the back of one of the long skinny boards connected to the panel. it looks like ink of some sort. See picture attached.

I'm out of ideas to identify the problem and any help is greatly appreciated. I may just order the main board and see if that fixes the problem although i am not very hopeful based on other articles that i have read.

Any additional tips, suggestions, advice, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Arthur
    Attached Files

Comment

DO NOT buy replacement boards this is more than likely a panel issue.

Remove one ribbon at a time from the tcon and power up the set and report what kind of image you get on both halves of the screen.

Comment

When I leave one of the cables undone I get no picture. I even tried undoing the cable when it was on. The TV just goes black. This happens no matter which one I unplug.

Comment

which cables are you talking about? you are likely unplugging the wrong ones.

Comment

I was unplugging one of the two white ribbon cables that attach to the green main board

Comment

If the tv is only 2 years old try contacting Officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com explain your issue. Theyre currently helping me even being out of warranty. Goodluck

Comment

Have you tried looking into tconboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Freefaller85 View Post
                  I was unplugging one of the two white ribbon cables that attach to the green main board
                  post a picture of the back of the set showing how all of the boards are interconnected.

Comment

I believe the tcon board is the green one in the pictures?

If so I believe it is referred to as the main board for this TV. That's the only shot I feel I have at getting this to work but I'm just not very hopeful in that working since I am not seeing alot of success stories. If y'all tbeleuev I need to change the green board I will give that a shot. It's $145 on shopjimmy and would be a $25 restocking fee if that ends up not being the problem. Worth it to find out in my opinion but was just looking for advice before I pull the trigger on that.

Here you go. Obviously the speakers were removed. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks again!!!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Freefaller85; 02-08-2020, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Integrated tcon. Don't worry about it for the moment.

I watched the video in the first post. Those two solid lines towards the top of the picture, follow them back to the edge of the screen. Inspect the driver at that location on both sides of the screen. Check if it is darkened more than the others, or if when you touch it that it is roasting hot. Also press on the glass some where the driver is to see if the pic changes at all.

Comment

Ok so I am pressing on the left and right edges of the panel and looking for any changes?

I will try have to remove the edges of the TV to look for any darkened edges.

It will have the flat bands like at the bottom of the TV?

Comment

So the only tabs I see are on the bottom of the TV connected to a few green circuit boards. The tabs are not discolored nor are the super hot. they do get warm to the touch but not much more than that. Am I missing anything?

Comment

if there are side tabs, they are only visible from the front with the front bezel removed.

Comment

So I believe this TV doesn't have a bezel just edge trim? Correct me if I am wrong. Took a few pictures to show the bottom of the TV and the front edges.

The gold bonded tabs going from the green boards to the panel do warm up but no to where you can touch it. I cannot find any discolored or damaged areas.

As always everyone help to figure this out is greatly appreciated!!!

Edit: there is a humming sound coming from the tcon/main board. I've heard humming noises from different TV's so I know there are sometimes normal. Just figured it is worth mentioning.

Arthur
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Freefaller85; 02-09-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

it is possible that there are no side tabs BUT your pictures show that the side "bezel" is still in place and you have not exposed the side of the panel area.

Comment

Gotcha. Let me work on getting that off. Will post soon with update! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                  X