Emachine T3092 bad capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emachine T3092 bad capacitors

I have an Emachine T3092 and the power supply went bad. I replaced the Bestec power supply with Logisys 480W. Would not boot. I then noticed the capacitors were blown, (brown dust on the tops). I ordered replacement capacitors with the same specs as the ones blown. I put those on the board but I am getting no video or beeps. All of the internal parts seem to be powering up but I get no video.
    What else should I look for or try?
    Thanks,
    Phil

Re: Emachine T3092 bad capacitors

Probably the Bestec power supply killed your motherboard. They are infamous motherboard killers when they fail (the +5VSB goes way too high on these power supplies sometimes and kills the motherboard).

Also, a Logisys 480W power supply is not that great.
    My gaming PC:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
    ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
    PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
    G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
    TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
    WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
    ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
    Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
    Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Re: Emachine T3092 bad capacitors

Hi feelgill,
      Do you still have the old Bestec that died? If so, look what model it is. Bestec model ATX-250 12E is well-know to kill motherboards, but other models such as the ATX-250 12Z and ATX-300 models should be safe.

If you did have the ATX-250 12E, there is a considerable chance that the motherboard is dead. However, before making assumptions, there are still a few things you should try, even if you did have that power supply.
      So you say your computer powers on but you get no video. If you press and hold down the power button, does the computer respond by turning off?

When the computer is plugged in but turned off, does the Southbridge feel warm or very hot to the touch?

Also, what brand and series of capacitors did you use to fix the motherboard? (the series is usually a 2 or 3 letter code)

Try and re-insert the RAM as well; if problems persists, remove it altogether and see if the computer beeps or posts.

Lastly, try your system with a power supply that is known to be good. Logisys are crap like Newbie2 noted. In fact it's possible that the Logisys power supply is the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X