help with 2430a tek scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with 2430a tek scope

I have a low battery flag on the post test coming up. I already ordered the chips they have the battery built inside them. I got new chips and n ew sockets. question is, what chip reader to get the memory from the old and write to the new? the new sram is maxim ds1230ab, someone out there has been thru this before and I would like to keep this old scope working. its like a family member had it since it was new.

Re: help with 2430a tek scope

The mcumall GQ-4X that I have would read that.
    Not saying I recommend that programmer specifically though.
    There are probably many that can read such a Dallas chip...
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

thanks, I have looked at it and also the new 866-II. the reason I lean toward the 866 is it is totally usb and also has windows 10 software. my old win 7 laptop died last week and either one or the other will be here soon.

Comment

i have seen arduino's used to read/write those rams.

Comment

ok, I got it running and passing all self tests now. I have dallas 1230ab's in it now 2015 date code. I have been told that fram will also work so I socketed the ram, saved the files and will try it once the chips get here. I wasn't the easiest thing I ever tackled but it isn't real bad either as long as you do one at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X