Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer 5920g

hi, i have a acer 5920g with a short.
    when i plug ac, blue light are ok,but when press power on, lights turns on then immediately off.

if i check the most important pl resistor i see the pl16 related to ddr2 1.8volt is shorted both side.

in the schematic, page 36, i start from pl17 and 19v are on both side. then i go to pq39 and has 19v to drain and 0 v to gate and 0v to source.
    i then moved to pu9. pin 1-7 0v. pin 8 = 5v and pin 9-10 0 volt.
    pin 11-13 0v, pin 14 = 5 volt, pin 15 5v, pin 16-19 0 volt and pin 20 5 volt.
    pr132 (related to pin 13 of pu9 has 3.4v from one side and 0 to the other.
    dunno if ok but impedance mseasure -30.00 putting multimeter scale to 200k. inverting black and red of multimeter give me no value.

pc127, pc130, pc131, pr135, pc129 are all shorted.

where can i focus to spot the bad part of the laptop ?

tnx for all the help

for the schematic, just get it here:

http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.Yms&cad=rja

PS: using a multimeter, if i press power botton, i get for 1 second voltage to all the most important part ; also on pl16 i have voltage output as 1.8 volt.

i have also noticed that after keep ac plugged for a while , Sio chip "U10" is getting a bit warm.... can be that the cause of all the problem ? maybe both this ic and also some short on ram circuit?
    Last edited by dellxps15; 02-25-2014, 12:11 PM.

Re: acer 5920g

after some repair, now i have no short but still no power. all volgate go up then down when pressing power botton. the only voltage that didnt come on is the 1.05 volt from PU6. i have 5v coming with power botton only on pin 2,9,13. on pin 16 i have 10volt. no other voltage. on pin 15 (mainon) i have from 0.1volt to 0.5 volt. but mainok is also present on 1.8v ddr PU9 pin 12 and here too i have 0.5v when pressing power botton, and 1.8v come frome coil for 1 second at least. pin9 Syson from pu9 is 3.3 volt when pressing power botton.

where can i focus?

ps: pu6 seems a bit hot, but cant tell if that is normal or not.

Comment

i have ordered pu6, but meanwhile as i said on pin 15 (en/psv) i have from 0 to 0.1 0.3 volt when pressing power botton. pr57 is the same voltage.

when pressing more time power botton, kb io controller get hot. have to change it too ?

edit: ordered the winbond from italy so should get it asap
      Last edited by dellxps15; 03-26-2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

What did you do to remove shortage at 1.8VSUS? You must have 19V at VIN of PU6. What is the voltage on PL4? What is the voltage on PR134 and resistance to ground on pin15 of PU6?

Comment

pl4 is 19v both side. vin of pu6 pin 16 has 10volt, but on pr58 i have 19volt one side and 10v to pu6 side.

on pr134 i have from 0 to 0.5 volt when pressing power on.

on last post i said pin 15 of pu9 (mainon) but mainon was pin 11, so did a mistake in reporting back.

i was measuring short with power ac adapter connected.

tnx very much for reply.

Edit: pr58 what kind of resistor is this? 0402 1m but on ebay there are many with different value...
          Last edited by dellxps15; 03-26-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
            pl4 is 19v both side. vin of pu6 pin 16 has 10volt, but on pr58 i have 19volt one side and 10v to pu6 side.

on pr134 i have from 0 to 0.5 volt when pressing power on.

on last post i said pin 15 of pu9 (mainon) but mainon was pin 11, so did a mistake in reporting back.

i was measuring short with power ac adapter connected.

tnx very much for reply.

Edit: pr58 what kind of resistor is this? 0402 1m but on ebay there are many with different value...
            PR58 is an 1Mohm pull up resistor 0402 type. Unsolder it and measure it.
            If I undestand you correctly you have a short on MAINON.

Comment

if i remove pr58 i wont get Vin on pu6....

now vin is 19volt in entrance of pr58 and 10v outside it.

Comment

What I am saying is to unsolder it and check it with multimeter if it's value is OK (1Mohm)

Comment

without desolder i put multimeter in 2000k scale and it read 983 so it should be ok...

Comment

Yes it's allright.
                    You didn't answered me. You got a sort on MAINON?

Comment

no short on mainok. i have also no 1.8_mxm volt and on pq38 pin N°3 i have 0 volt (mainD) and 19v on pin 1-2-5-6 so pl19 is 0volt. is it normal ?

Comment

Check voltage on pins 94, 16 and 73 of U10

Comment

pin 16: 0.03v; 0.12v when pressing power botton
                          pin 73: 0.5v ; 3.5volt when pressing power botton.
                          pin 94: 0.5v ; 3.5 volt when pressing power botton.

are you sure pin 73? i see poweron ok on pin 74 on diagram
                          pin 73 is pin in and is susc

pin 74 0v with and without pressing power botton however
                          Last edited by dellxps15; 03-27-2014, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I think you should change U10.

Comment

Originally posted by atsio View Post
                              I think you should change U10.
                              ok, it's already on it's way to my house. ill get it today or tomorrow

tnx very much for help

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
                                hi, i have a acer 5920g with a short.
                                when i plug ac, blue light are ok,but when press power on, lights turns on then immediately off.

if i check the most important pl resistor i see the pl16 related to ddr2 1.8volt is shorted both side.

in the schematic, page 36, i start from pl17 and 19v are on both side. then i go to pq39 and has 19v to drain and 0 v to gate and 0v to source.
                                i then moved to pu9. pin 1-7 0v. pin 8 = 5v and pin 9-10 0 volt.
                                pin 11-13 0v, pin 14 = 5 volt, pin 15 5v, pin 16-19 0 volt and pin 20 5 volt.
                                pr132 (related to pin 13 of pu9 has 3.4v from one side and 0 to the other.
                                dunno if ok but impedance mseasure -30.00 putting multimeter scale to 200k. inverting black and red of multimeter give me no value.

pc127, pc130, pc131, pr135, pc129 are all shorted.

where can i focus to spot the bad part of the laptop ?

tnx for all the help

for the schematic, just get it here:

http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.Yms&cad=rja

PS: using a multimeter, if i press power botton, i get for 1 second voltage to all the most important part ; also on pl16 i have voltage output as 1.8 volt.

i have also noticed that after keep ac plugged for a while , Sio chip "U10" is getting a bit warm.... can be that the cause of all the problem ? maybe both this ic and also some short on ram circuit?
                                take the CPu out and test without.
                                see if it stays on

easy to take out.
                                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

without cpu is the same

Comment

maybe its a Problem with the black caps near the Intel Northbridge the 330!!

Are there 5 caps with the nr. 330?

Comment

their ok, or at least no shorted.

Comment

I know the Problem with Acer Aspire 7530G and its the same problem, Notebook starts and and turn off with Black screen!!

Check the capacitator when you turn it on, and when the notebooks turn off itself!!

Its a Typical Capacitator problem...

Comment

Working...
                                        X