Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chip lookup tools based on pin outs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chip lookup tools based on pin outs?

Hey guys.. I was just curious. Do you know of any lookup tools for IC's that can look up chips based on pinouts? I don't assume that that would be a feasible concept for things like high pin count microcontrollers and above, but it seems like the kind of thing that could exist for smps chips or the like. So I was curious.

To elaborate, say you were looking up an 8 pin SMPS chip for a device, but couldn't find anything based on the IC number. It would be really cool to be able to say, "Ok, this pin is driving the MOSFETs, this pin is ground, this pin is vcc, this pin looks like current sense, and I'm not sure what these pins are" and then get some possible chip lookups from that. This concept popped in my head the other day when I was working on a PSU for a friend and couldn't find the actual chip's datasheet. I eventually found what it was a clone of after some searching (it ended up having parts number similarities with the original), but it ended up taking quite a while to track down..

“Men always seem to think about their
    past before they die, as though they were
    frantically searching for proof that they
    truly lived.”
    – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Re: Any chip lookup tools based on pin outs?

no,
    you need to use datasheets combined with a shitload of experience to identify the power pins etc.

Comment

Yeah, that's basically what I have been doing. lol I'm just a programmer type so my brain likes to think of things along those lines. Haha Normally I just do what you said but the thought of such a tool existing makes me wish it exists. ^,^; I'm to the point where I can figure out the layout of power supplies and such pretty well, but there have a been a few in the past that I couldn't fix due to fried IC's. Thought maybe I was missing some tool.

Anyways, thanks for responding STJ.

truly lived.”
      – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

Many times the ic will have the same pinout but the ic would not be interchangeable, for example top221 and top227 same pinout but you could not use a top221 to replace a top227

Comment

Ah, yeah. Honestly, I'm not sure what I was thinking now that you mention it. ^^; I mean, how would I know the switching frequency and such? Well, thanks for your time RJ and STJ.

truly lived.”
          – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

Evening Guys
            I'm looking for picouts on I7238 ic...its a 20 pin small QFN....

Comment

sorry seems is censored by forum

Comment

Oh, This thread was really just about my question about a chip lookout tool. You guys would probably be better off making a new thread for your queries. I think more people would see them than they would on this thread. haha

truly lived.”
                – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

Working...
                X