Sharp LC60LE660U screen flashes on power on then nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC60LE660U screen flashes on power on then nothing

That's seems rather light IF you are saying there is 54 leds on each string. The "clue" earlier about having a picture one way and then nothing the other would appear to indicate some sort of loose connection in the strings... maybe although with the strings unplugged, I would have expected a much higher voltage associated with "open circuit".... and since it doesn't change, that seems to me that maybe that's what you have... an open circuit.
    Last edited by budwich; 08-12-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Ok, so since I am only getting a standby led that flashes approx. every 3 seconds, I decided to take some voltage readings on the power supply connector, everything connected. I found some interesting stuff:

Pin# Name AC Power on
      1 PNL12V / 0V / 11.74V
      2 PNL12V / 0V / 11.75V
      3 GND / 0V / 0V
      4 GND / 0V / 0V
      5 UR13V 12.92V but after 3 sec drops to 0V / 12.91V
      6 UR13V same as pin 5
      7 UR13V same as pin 5
      8 UR13V same as pin 5
      9 GND / 0V / 0V
      10 GND / 0V / 0V
      11 GND / 0V / 0V
      12 GND / 0V / 0V
      13 AC_DET / 3.29V but after 3 sec. drops to 0V / 3.30V
      14 PS_ON / 1.6V changes to 3.155V very quickly, then after 3 secs. 0V / 3.155V but when led flashes off 0V comes back to 3.155V and so on - pulses with standby led
      15 BU5 / 5.029V / 5.028V
      16 PNL_POW / 0V / 3.299V but when stdby led flashes off 0V comes back to 3.299V and so on - pulses with standby led
      17 PWM1 / 0V /0V
      18 N/C
      19 DIMMER / 0V / 3.099V and drops to 0 when stdby led flashes off, back to 3.099 and so on - pulses with the stanby led
      20 N/C
      21 OFL / -0.011V / -0.011V
      22 ERROR / 3.3V but after 3 secs 0V / 0V but jumps to 3.3V when stdby led flashes off - pulses the opposite of the other pins with stdby led.
      23 PWM2 / 0V / 0V
      24 STB / 0V / 3.3V drops to 0V when stdby led flashes off and back to 3.3.V and so on - pulses with stdby led.

Hope someone can make sense of this? Tks!!

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        That's seems rather light IF you are saying there is 54 leds on each string. The "clue" earlier about having a picture one way and then nothing the other would appear to indicate some sort of loose connection in the strings... maybe although with the strings unplugged, I would have expected a much higher voltage associated with "open circuit".... and since it doesn't change, that seems to me that maybe that's what you have... an open circuit.
        I just ordered an led strip tester that I should get withing a couple of weeks (comes from China).

With strings unplugged wouldn't that simulate an open circuit and the bd9486f would get into protection mode? I saw a ShopJimmy video where the guy jumpers a smd capacitor to remove protection of the inverter booster, but it's for a different model and the chip is a BD9766. Not sure which pin it is but I assume it is pin 7 of the chip which is the timer for the error count. Any insights?

I think the tv has reached the lamp error count of 5 and now no longer wants to power up the leds. I found this posting from Tom666 in the factory reset thread:

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Lamp Error Reset for Sharp LCD TV.

With power LED off (TV in fake standby or AC power plug removed) hold Vol- and SOURCE/INPUT.

Power on the TV. Do not release the buttons.

This may take up to 20 seconds.

Look for a letter "K" on the side of the screen when it powers up. If this appears, continue. If not, repeat the above procedure.

Press CH- and VOL- to access service menu. See if LAMP ERROR appears in listing. If so, then a reset procedure is necessary

Page through the menus looking for "L ERR RESET". Execute the option (highlight and press OK.)

Power off the TV (TV in fake standby or AC power plug removed)

Hold Vol- and SOURCE/INPUT.

Power on the TV. Do not release the buttons.

No "K" should appear.

Power off the TV.

The TV should now be fixed.
        In my service manual, this is what it says:

3. Entering and exiting the adjustment process mode
        1) Before entering the adjustment process mode, the AV position RESET in the video adjustment menu.
        2) While holding down the “VOL (–)” and “INPUT” keys at a time, plug in the AC cord of the main unit to turn on the power.
        The letter “<K>” appears on the screen.

That is exactly what I am trying to do, but it is a little difficult to do when there are no backlights and the tv only powers on in the error mode (blinking standby led)...when I hold the key combination Vol- and SOURCE/INPUT and apply AC power, nothing happens even if I hold it 2 minutes. If after applying AC I still hold the key combination and hit power, it powers up but in error mode. So really not sure how to get it out of the error mode without jumpering something, but what?
        Last edited by rddube; 08-13-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

data sheet for the led driver ic maybe budm etc will have a idea on how too disable the lamp error
          Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't need to protect an "open circuit" as there is nothing there to protect. the system monitors current not voltage.

Comment

Thank you Vinceroger69! I sure hope Budm comes along, I am praying!

Budwich: Ok, got that, thanks!

Here's the video I was referring to from ShopJimmy where he disables the error by jumpering an smd capacitor near the power inverter driver:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...Abh1PCwy8oE1Pm
              Last edited by rddube; 08-13-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

That video is for a 32" TV. I'm pretty sure its different from your TV.

I have an LC-70LE660U torn down and being parted out right now.
                They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
                  That video is for a 32" TV. I'm pretty sure its different from your TV.

I have an LC-70LE660U torn down and being parted out right now.
                  I know, but maybe it's a clue!

Comment

Got 2 service manuals for this TV and they are attached. One is general and the other one is PWB section.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X