Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my SHARP LC-40LE810UN has issue help needed to find and fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my SHARP LC-40LE810UN has issue help needed to find and fix.

If you're happy to experiment then you can simply shortcircuit the secondary side of the optocoupler and keep the tv in test, if it works flawlessly then you found the bad component.

Comment

thanks for suggestion, i thought earlier for that but wasn't sure about ,
      tomorrow i will get parts and will check. thanks again
      this

Comment

sorry for delayed response,
        badly stuck in job, as well i am in canada so very backword country
        PC123 optocoupler not available , so order online its $2 part but no choice ...
        once i fix i will update ..seems bit be bit delay !!
        this

Comment

EL817 is the same...

Comment

Thank you Davi , help apriciated,
            this

Comment

As mentioned here instead of replacing the opto u can simply solder a 47k resistor in parallel to R7019, which is in series to the opto on the primary side and get the opto working again

Comment

But you can find an optoisolator in every modern power supply like old lcd monitors that you can find on the dumpster...

Comment

Originally posted by johannesstroh View Post
                  As mentioned here instead of replacing the opto u can simply solder a 47k resistor in parallel to R7019, which is in series to the opto on the primary side and get the opto working again
                  Thank you for option, apriciated
                  i received optocoupler last night , PC123 by sharp
                  in 2 days i will replace and check .
                  hope for best , thanks again .
                  this

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                    But you can find an optoisolator in every modern power supply like old lcd monitors that you can find on the dumpster...
                    yes Davi,
                    you are right , previously i throw so many , but when you exactly need that time you don't have, in North america is consumer idology ,to find PCB part or fix/repair PCB is like fixing setellite , 99% people says throw TV or best case buy used PSU board ebay , only 3% case some shops or hobbiest like me try and learn before spent money on new TV . here they convience people to throw stuff and buy as well push them to forget to read or self learning skill top of that get access to parts harder and harder etc and make them zombie asap.

thanks again.
                    Last edited by nilesh; 09-13-2018, 03:35 AM.
                    this

Comment

stuck with unfortunate issue,
                      the New part i got seems to be bad,
                      i chage optocouplar , and tv doesen't start at all
                      than i put back older one and tv start right away, it tend to believe me that that new part may bad, now quick option is only left to use 47K resister. will be update soon , thanks
                      Last edited by nilesh; 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM.
                      this

Comment

Originally posted by johannesstroh View Post

stuck with unfortunate issue,
                        the New part i got seems to be bad,
                        i chage optocouplar , and tv doesen't start at all
                        than i put back older one and tv start right away, it tend to believe me that that new part may bad, now quick option is only left to use 47K resister
                        will be update soon .

BTW my PSU board i can locate R7020 not R7019 ...so need to confirm before i solder resistor !! pic attached !!

thanks in advance. help apriciated
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by nilesh; 09-14-2018, 10:53 AM.
                        this

Comment

how do you have mounted the optocoupler?? it has a mark point that identifies pin 1,
                          this must be connected to the HOT (primary) side!

Comment

how do you have mounted the optocoupler?? it has a mark point that identifies pin 1,
                            this must be connected to the HOT (primary) side!
                            Thank you Davi for precautionary alert !! apriciated
                            yes , previously i solder some IC so i know there dot to count pin 1
                            although i always take pic. before i unmount older one, i didn't do any mistake on this one too, but seems its just bad piece like my bad luck
                            but not big deal i already order another , may be 3-5 days i have it .

thanks
                            this

Comment

I say this for you, read again my post #21.... (!)

Comment

Originally posted by nilesh View Post
                                sorry for delayed response,
                                badly stuck in job, as well i am in canada so very backword country
                                PC123 optocoupler not available , so order online its $2 part but no choice ...
                                once i fix i will update ..seems bit be bit delay !!
                                that's quite funny... :-) and here I thought up here in ottawa that we were in the backwaters of canada / ontario and that toronto was the center of the universe. Even finding simple parts is difficult.... now I don't feel so bad having to order elsewhere beyond the "border".

Hope you are successful... and save another set from the dump.

Comment

If you're happy to experiment then you can simply shortcircuit the secondary side of the optocoupler and keep the tv in test, if it works flawlessly then you found the bad component.
                                  you mean direct jumper (short) on secondory between Emitter and Collector ??
                                  this

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Of course.
                                      thanks , tonight or tomorrow morning i will
                                      if it works fine , is it ok to leave shorted for few hours till 2-3 days ?? till i get new parts !!
                                      just for curiosity what could serious damage to keep running with jumperd secondory side ??

thanks
                                      this

Comment

You don't have to worry about because the function it's used only when mains disappear, but even if it will do, no serious damage will happen.

Comment

thanks
                                          this

Comment

Working...
                                          X