LG 50PB560B Plasma wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PB560B Plasma wont turn on

Hi, I have an LG 50PB560B plasma, when plug it in, the red standby light comes on, but thats it, when press power button, it doesnt come on, just stays on standby.

Ive took the back off and had a quick look and cant see anything obvious, i.e. swollen caps etc, dont know where to start testing anything, I have a multimeter, and help and advice greatly appreciated, clueless with plasmas

Re: LG 50PB560B Plasma wont turn on

Found a matching PSU on eBay, would that rectify the problem?

Comment

No. I don't think that will solve your problem. Look at the Y-sus Bd. on the left looking from the back. Did you do any voltage checks??

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
        No. I don't think that will solve your problem. Look at the Y-sus Bd. on the left looking from the back. Did you do any voltage checks??
        No mate havnt done anything yet, as mentioned earlier I havnt a clue where to start wirh it

Comment

Post clear, focused photos of the back of the TV so we could see how the boards are interconnected and close ups of the PSU connectors that go to the Y-sus Bd. and the Main Bd. BTW when you press the Power button and the set tries to turn on, do you hear any 'click/s' from the PSU? Do you have and know how to test voltages with a DMM??
          Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 11-19-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Hi, I have a DMM, but dont know what to test or how to test it lol.
            There is no click from PSU when press the power button, there is litterally nothing, just solid red light.
            I have taken pictures, if you need anymore please let me know. Thankyou very much for your help so far, appreciate it.
            Attached Files

Comment

hi please the address board short the links for daisy chain and disconnect main board, if tv comes on with test bars then main board faulty

Comment

Originally posted by MICROTECHSERVICE View Post
                hi please the address board short the links for daisy chain and disconnect main board, if tv comes on with test bars then main board faulty
                Hi, how do I do that please?

Comment

If I unplug the main board, the TV will power up, screen illuminates (black/blank), and the green LED flashes on the CTRL Board
                  Attached Files

Comment

There are pins that when linked together on the address board will generate test patterns if the main board is unhooked. It's a quick way to determine if the main board is faulty. Search your tv model number with "generate test patterns" and you should be able to come up with something. The only experience I have is with a LG 60PB5600 and a 60PB6650 so I don't know how to do that on your model.
                    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Ok ill have a look, im guessing that since it powers up with the main board unplugged that is in indication the main board is at fault?? And if so is there any option to repair it as opose to replacing it? As I have already googled and looked on ebay and cant find a replacement

Comment

Cant find anyhing about generating test patterns for this model

Comment

Unplug the ldvs cable(flat one) that runs from the Main board to the control board and put a piece of wire in the holes on control board marked r451 and r452. If you have test patterns and colored screens your main board is bad.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                            Unplug the ldvs cable(flat one) that runs from the Main board to the control board and put a piece of wire in the holes on control board marked r451 and r452. If you have test patterns and colored screens your main board is bad.

Hi, did what you suggested, and still wouldnt turn on, so unplugged the cable from PSU to main board, and it turned on, then did what you said and got test patterns

So I need a main board??

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                                Yes
                                Thanks m8 for your help

Typical, its the 1 board I cant find for this model lol

Comment

Know this is an old thread, but after searching for almost a year, I still could not find a replacement board, so I sent it off to EMOS for their repair service, they have returned the board saying they cant find anything wrong with it. So now Im really stumped, anyone have any suggestions as to where to go regarding this now please?

Comment

Received my main board back this morning from the repair company who say theres nothing wrong with it.

Fitted it back into the TV, and still exact same, stuck in standby.

Unplug mainboard and run test patterns and thats fine.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do before it goes for scrap as no replacement main board available, if it is infact definitely the main board at fault :/

Comment

I have finally found a replacement board, strangely enough, from the place I sent mine for repair who said there was nothing wrong with it :/

Should receive it this week, so I will see if it sorts the problem, and if so, question why they said there was no fault found with my original board

Comment

So, replacement main board arrived today, swapped it out, and absolutely no difference :/ so clearly my main board was ok as the repair company I had test it stated.

So can anyone offer any advice as to where to go from here? What to check? Any voltage checks I can do that havnt een done already? Any resets to perform?any things still to try?? Any tests I can perform other than those mentioned in previous posts that have already been done??

Any help at all greatly appreciated as this project has really ground to a halt now

Comment

Working...
                                        X