Sony XBR-65X900C Sporadic Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-65X900C Sporadic Issues

Ahhh OK.. Give it a shot.. Maybe a code will work..

One sec..

Comment

My remote is a bit different.. No I+ or INFO button..
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
        My remote is a bit different.. No I+ or INFO button..
        at your remote case I+ = Display it mean display the info of the channel or input.

Comment

Well, something interesting happened...

I was fiddling with the TV and, when I put in a USB drive with the firmware, it gave me a message that the firmware is already up to date.. Prompted me to hit OK to continue. Which I did, but nothing happened. Then I took out that USB drive and put in a USB with a bunch of movies.. It then prompted me to select MUSIC, VIDEO or PICTURES and again hit OK.. I wasn't able to scroll thru anything or hit OK...

But the REALLY weird thing is that the TV has been running flawlessly since then. About 15 hours...

So, apparently, the Main Board has SOME functionality, as it can detect a USB drive inserted and can detect what's on it, IE firmware or media files..

Not sure what this all means, but it's interesting..

Comment

Did you try a factory reset?

Comment

Thanx for the reply..

Yea... I have the TV unplugged... I hold VOL - and POWER and the plug the TV in... After about 20-30 secs, the power LED comes on GREEN.. I then release the buttons..

What it SAYS should happen is that the Welcome screen comes up and then follow the prompts to set it up..

But what happens is the power LED stays green for 4 or 5 seconds and then goes out and the TV remains off...

I have looked but haven't found any other "factory reset" but that one..

Comment

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s...icles/00159906

it can take quite a few tries sometimes on these sony's not sure why.

Comment

if you cant use the RC to make factory reset at support & help to get rid of this active profile with limited access, plug the TV with LAN cable and use any mobile android which should had network connection at same router which feed the TV via LAN. on google market there Sony remote RC via network. it can control the TV and can sent any command to make reset or browser the home or setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    if you cant use the RC to make factory reset at support & help to get rid of this active profile with limited access, plug the TV with LAN cable and use any mobile android which should had network connection at same router which feed the TV via LAN. on google market there Sony remote RC via network. it can control the TV and can sent any command to make reset or browser the home or setting.
                    Damn! That's an awesome idea...

I run the local network here so it shouldn't be a problem finding the device...

Let me check that out..

Comment

actuality even if you are at limited access profile the RC should work. i think your RC had issue too. reset it (( take the batteries out and press Power for at least 10 second the script on the RC chip will be reset and it should work.))

Comment

OK, something is DEFINITELY happening..

With the LAN plugged in, I don't get that funky black/white menu at the top..

It does to the APP screen and actually shows the correct time..

So, one hurdle overcome..

But the remote and the buttons on the TV still don't work.. I can't do a factory reset. Same symptoms.. Green LED comes on then shuts off and the TV stays off...

The TV also shuts down, but sometimes it LOOKS like it shuts down (black screen) but the power LED is still white...

So, definitely progress!
                        Attached Files

Comment

looks like you are almost there. I am wondering if perhaps you have a powering issue (power board). Have you taken the back off to look at the boards yet (I know it might be a gamble with such a thin set). Anyway, I am thinking that the 5v supply (if that voltage is used) might have a marginal cap in the circuit somewhere such that it isn't quite providing enough "juice" when things are trying to get running. You could perhaps verify the stuff associated with the key pad inputs to see if they are associated with anything 5v also. Get the feeling with the USB stuff that you have gone thru which might be drawing / running on a marginal 5v also.
                          Last edited by budwich; 06-08-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

did you used the sony apk from the market? i wrote to you before you can use air mouse to navigate too

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                              looks like you are almost there. I am wondering if perhaps you have a powering issue (power board). Have you taken the back off to look at the boards yet (I know it might be a gamble with such a thin set).
                              Yea, I have moved it back and forth from the display area to the work bench... I am always petrified every time I do it, but I am becoming more comfortable with moving it back and forth...

I have the back off and there doesn't appear to be any bad caps or burn marks..

One of my first thoughts was the symptoms are like the Samsungs when they have a couple charred connections off the Power PCB.. But no such luck with this one..

Anyway, I am thinking that the 5v supply (if that voltage is used) might have a marginal cap in the circuit somewhere such that it isn't quite providing enough "juice" when things are trying to get running. You could perhaps verify the stuff associated with the key pad inputs to see if they are associated with anything 5v also. Get the feeling with the USB stuff that you have gone thru which might be drawing / running on a marginal 5v also.
                              Funny you should mention this..

I seem to have a different problem now.. I see a different boot up process when the ANDROID animation is quicker and then I see a ANDROID IS STARTING.... loading apps message and then the TV shuts off...

NOW the biggest problem seems to be that the TV tries to boot up, but shuts off at various stages of the boot process..

And I still can't get a valid Factory Reset...

Next time I move the TV to the workbench, I'll get some shots of the power boards...

Thanx for the reply.. Much appreciated..

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                did you used the sony apk from the market? i wrote to you before you can use air mouse to navigate too
                                Yea, I don't have an air mouse for it..

Thanx for the help.. I never thought I would get this far!!

I am thinking now that it might be power related since it now shuts off even before it gets to the display...

Comment

ANDROID IS STARTING.... loading apps ..... mean this is effect of the way you tried before of hardware reset via volume- power.. as its didn't finish it as it should.
                                  i dont think there are any issue with power.. you are now at level of firmware nand level issue . this you can try to trik the nand by freezing or warming up. either the sony from my experiences suffer from bad HDMI / USB Input sockets.. any one of them if Brocken or shorted will get what you have before switching to HDMI 1 alone. so inspect them

Comment

if there are no air mouse under your hand.. you still can use any other PS2 USB wire mouse, it will do same job

Comment

Yea, it's shutting down before I can get into it to do anything.. I think all my efforts prior to the LAN solution might have frak'ed things up beyond belief..

So frustrating..

Comment

do exact the following.
                                        disconnect the LAN and move any USB or other stuff conected to the TV SET. so the TV stay solo
                                        while its at start and before it goes off plug it out from wall socket.
                                        keep it plugged out about at least 5 minute or more.
                                        press now first the power on the TV set .. keep it pressed and then press Volume -
                                        keep both pressed and plug it at wall socket
                                        keep them pressed even the LED change to Green. so round 10 second. and leave it let it do what it will. if you saw white with round red blue circle mean it reset all hard ware driver.. then it will show welcome screen... dont touch it. it will from alone restart and the circle will show again.. leave it till it show you the welcome screen with start music. gross finger

Comment

OK, did that...

At the point to where i was holding the PWR and VOL - buttons, the green LED came on... I continued to hold the buttons.. after a few secs, the green LED went off.. I continued to hold the buttons, after about 20-30 secs the green LED came back on.. Continued to hold the buttons, then the green LED went out.. This repeated for about 4 or 5 times.. I continued to hold the buttons... Then the green LED went out and never came back on..

I never saw anything on the screen...

Comment

Working...
                                          X