• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Hi Thanks very much.

did find it ( image)

managed to use Colibri and did a few reads,
    use auto patcher and was happy to see it doing its thing and the good luck msg.

with Colibri only able to select 25Q256fv ( the chip says 25q256jv)
    but thought was good enough.

after writing the patched file only got black screen continued beeping and a small tune and beeping again.

wrote back a patched file i found on the forum but then no responce no tune.
    had battery , cmos battery removed.

now I tried neo programmer as it has the 25Q256JV) and programmed with an original i found on the forum as well as a patched but looks fully bricked.

the programmers even veryfy the data and match well right now

appreciate your assistance folks
    Originally posted by AAAC View Post
    @Dimuth Rubesinghe
    By the model number you should be looking for a 256Mbit chip (32MB) close to uProcessor or at a side of memory slot(s), if Winbond look for W25Q256, or MX25L256 if Macronix… but the DXE driver patch does not work on 9th Generation ThinkPad models (with a couple of exceptions).
    What you need is a EC/KBC if you want to unlock it.
    Attached Files

Comment

forgot to mention.

I fixed the thunderbolt eeprom by flashing with something found on the internet.
      works great, battery charged fast, display worked, now bricked lol

Comment

Patches file from forum flahsed, verified too, black screen
        Help
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
          What you need is a EC/KBC if you want to unlock it.
          @Dimuth Rubesinghe

What I meant is that what you need is an EC/KBC programmer if you want to unlock it, as BIOS have Self-Healing feature that does just that. The BIOS have a running BIOS copy and a backup BIOS copy, if you just patch the second BIOS it will self-heal with the first BIOS; in this case you do get a black screen as the utility is patching both BIOS copies.
          Last edited by AAAC; 08-19-2022, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you,
            Worked for Lenovo NM-B141 5th Gen.

Comment

please pached thios bios
              lenovo t480
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jatoi View Post

please pached thios bios
                lenovo t480
                Why can`t you patch it yourself using the Autopatcher at post #1 ? ,do you have a problem using it.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

please pached this bios
                  3rd generation thinkpad x1 yoga

Comment

Originally posted by jatoi View Post

please pached this bios
                    3rd generation thinkpad x1 yoga
                    Why can`t you patch it yourself using the Autopatcher at post #1 ? ,do you have a problem using it.Have you even tried ?

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

Requests for password removal or BIOS repair for which the method is available at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools will not be tolerated anymore if you do not explain why you did not succeed.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-22-2022, 04:33 AM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Why can`t you patch it yourself using the Autopatcher at post #1 ? ,do you have a problem using it.Have you even tried ?

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

Requests for password removal or BIOS repair for which the method is available at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools will not be tolerated anymore if you do not explain why you did not succeed.
                      Hi Flea! been reading this thread and the other one specifically for Lenovo T495 (FA495 NM-C131)..

i performed your instructions on the 1st post, but did not seem to work. Black screen and some tones (somewhat like musical) is all I got along with fan spin. Got a bit anxious as I read a post from someone that even his backup dump was not able to restore the laptop's original state. Luckily though my backup dumps managed to restore it so I'm back to square one of having power-on bios password..

any chance you could assist me on getting a good patch for this laptop?

here's the backup dump that i used

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        I read the instrutions but still have the same problem:
                        - autopatcher 0.2 doesn't work
                        - autopatcher 1 works but doesn't generate patched bios. I mean there is information that file has been generated, but it hasn't.

Any tips?
                        I attatched my original bios., maybe there is a problem with the file?

Comment

Originally posted by Anorwgmla View Post
                          Hello everyone,
                          I read the instrutions but still have the same problem:
                          - autopatcher 0.2 doesn't work
                          - autopatcher 1 works but doesn't generate patched bios. I mean there is information that file has been generated, but it hasn't.

Any tips?
                          I attatched my original bios., maybe there is a problem with the file?

read the chip again do a few reads and compare them using hxd or any other tool

Comment

Originally posted by CammyTier1 View Post
                            Thank you for your suggestion.
                            It's a little bit more complicated.
                            I'll try describe it from the begining.

I wanted to read / verify / save bios on soft CH341A 1.29.
                            After 'detect' button I could choose: W25Q128FV or BV.
                            Both of them I can read. None of them I can verify (error).
                            Both of them I can save.
                            Both of them are the same (HxD).

I read somewhere that I should try the same with older soft. I did it on 1.18. Results:
                            Software detected onlyW25Q128BV.
                            I can read/verify/save.
                            I did it twice, after compering (HxD) files are the same.

If I compare bios files from 1.29 and 1.18 they are diffrent.
                            Any ideas what's wrong?

None of 4 bios files cannot be patched by autopatcher.

Comment

If I compare bios files from 1.29 and 1.18 they are diffrent.
                              Any ideas what's wrong?
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2

1.1.1.6. CH341A
                              Supports I2C (24-series), SPI (25-series).

This programmer is not recommended but it is the cheapest programmer available.
                              It has several shortcomings:
                              • Limited interfaces support, only SPI and I2C
                              • Several different software with varying level of reliability and ROM IC support (especially troublesome with 128Mb and larger ICs)
                              • Several different hardware design, some of them having design defects
                              • No proper detection of communication issue with the ROM IC

Available software include: NeoProgrammer, Colibri, AsProgrammer, Flashrom
                              Read the guide there: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/3

If you have a black PCB, it is very likely that it needs to be modified for 3V operation instead of 5V. Failing to do so could damage the ROM IC.
                              Watch the instructions there:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln3VIZKKaE
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnzzF645hA
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:01 AM.

Comment

After auto-patching my Lenovo T480s it failed to power on. Can anyone help me to recover it?.

Comment

Originally posted by abelkakraba View Post
                                  After auto-patching my Lenovo T480s it failed to power on. Can anyone help me to recover it?.
                                  re solder the bios chip ...be care for the small resistance near bios pad..try without cmos and battery

Comment

Thank you for reply.
                                    I read it earlier. This time I used AsProgrammer. I compared it with CH341programmer. Files are the same.

Regarding to forwarded post the best solution is to buy TL866II.
                                    Before I do it, is anyone who can check my bios file which I uploaded and confirm that have the same problem with autopatcher?
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                                      re solder the bios chip ...be care for the small resistance near bios pad..try without cmos and battery
                                      I used the clamp in writing the bin file to bios so I didn't desolder the chip.

Comment

Regarding to forwarded post the best solution is to buy TL866II.
                                        If you go with the TL866II using a clamp I very much recommend this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993752926.html

https://postimg.cc/RJZhhYvg
                                        Last edited by rumpumpel1; 08-23-2022, 12:29 PM. Reason: adding image

Comment

Originally posted by CammyTier1 View Post
                                          you don't need a tool, use the Windows command "fc /b"

Comment

Working...
                                          X