Capacitor Temperature Rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor Temperature Rating

I've been looking around for an hour or two and there's lots of great information here on capacitors. However, I haven't found much about temperature ratings on caps. I've been mostly looking this up because I found all of the caps on my motherboard that busted are within milimeters from the heat sink and about half a centimeter from my CPU.

So, is it better to put caps with a higher temperature rating in close proximity to a CPU or is it not really worth the effort?

Re: Capacitor Temperature Rating

it's not really worth the effort or extra expense. If the caps around your CPU have failed and you want something a little more robust to heat failures, look into polymer caps. What board are you working with? This can narrow down what mods could be done.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Re: Capacitor Temperature Rating

You won't find much in the way of low ESR caps rated for more than 105C anyway.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X