• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technics amp n graphic...HELP..!!

Hello i need help please.....
    I have a Technics SU-Z550 and
    SH-8055 Graphic Equalizer
    My amp has lost power... lots.! its working but one channel is louder than the other, but the one which is louder still has lost a great deal of power.. it has three inputs CD/AUX-TUNER-PHONO. if use the cd/aux-tuner channel's then what i have just said above.. but if i use the Phono channel i get base but very distorded even at low volume and very very low treble.

Also my Graphic. it just doesnt work. it powers up but it doesnt do it function (boost sound) some of the channels of gone down too.. infact only one remains. also. it has a small graphic display that doesnt work. its either constently up or down. but mostly up..
    any help you could offer would be of great use to me.. thankyou for your time..

Re: Technics amp n graphic...HELP..!!

On youtube, this channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/uxwbill

talks alot about repairing older audio equipment. Bill particularly likes Technics stuff and has a couple of videos showing how to repair them.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

muhaha.. gotta love uxwbill
      subscribed to him since 2009

Comment

Thankyou for your advice. . . i will check it out.. just one more question if you dont mind. what do you mean by "Please post clear focused pictures using the manage attachments button. Please do not post inline as they slow down the loading of pages."? im sorry if i seem a little dum but this is my first time on any type of forum.. again.. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

below the quick reply under each thread is a "go advanced" button. click on it.
          then (on the new page), scroll down. there's an "Attach Files" section.

click the "manage attachments" button. in the popup window, you can upload pictures to the forum which will be attached to the post
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Scenic; 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

When you click on Post Reply scroll down past the message window and click the Manage Attachments button. You can upload your pictures there.

The pictures must be 2000x2000 in resolution or smaller, i recommend the excellent free program IrfanView for performing the resize operation if the pics are too large from the camera.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by longwanger View Post
              what do you mean by
              Since I'm an active member here with close to 3000 posts, it is one of my pet peeves when people post huge inline pics for the following reasons

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=12

If you are an infrequent visitor or a "one time" member you don't run into these things and annoyances that active members do. This lead me to make my sig file.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thankyou for your time... but im a little confused.. i havnt treid to up load any picture's... but thanks for your help on that as now i know how too..
                ive sent the main people who run this site a short message askin them to have a look this post/thread and make sure that every thing is correct... if they dont act i will simplt take it off and start all over again.. sorry if ive upset anyone... its not my intention.. and just so you know.. this is the message that i have sent to them.

Hello i really need your help please... i have never used any kind of forum before and im lost... completely..! ive just posted my first post/thread.. and people are saying this to me "Please post clear focused pictures using the manage attachments button. Please do not post inline as they slow down the loading of pages"" what does this mean?? i havent tried to upload any pictures? and im getting shouted at..!! one man has tried to explain but most of it just went straight over my head... please get in to my account for me and see what the problem is as im lost and i dont want to be makin people angry... im here for help and maybe once i know what im doing with this thing i might be able to offer my service's back.. please sort this A.S.A.P. many many thanks ... mark.

Comment

Originally posted by longwanger View Post
                  but im a little confused..
                  I know you didn't load any pictures. You did NOTHING wrong. You are just misinterpreting my signature file as a directive.

My signature file has the "Please post clear focused pictures using the manage attachments button. Please do not post inline as they slow down the loading of pages."

It is automatically attached to my first post in a new thread.

Think of when you send an email. Some people have a signature file that might say the following:

Sincerely yours,
                  John P. Smith

This saves them time from typing in those 2 lines each time.

PS. I edited my sig file so hopefully there is no confusion for future people.
                  Last edited by retiredcaps; 03-22-2011, 05:53 PM.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                  X