Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung BN44-00506A power board dead no standby

Hi again all
    just been given for free a dead Samsung LT27B3000EW LED Tv, it was going to the skip
    Just wasted several hours of my life looking at the power board, but it is beyond me
    Power board is BN44-00506A
    No output voltages at all on any pins, no standby voltage or led
    I do have 338V at the big cap
    Anyone had any dealings with this board or any ideas where to start looking next
    Nothing appears visibly popped on this board
    thanks in advance

Re: Samsung BN44-00506A power board dead no standby

check fuses and fets

Comment

pics of boards
      Attached Files

Comment

Post #11 may interest you.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54437
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Is there a burn mark on this resistor or just a speck of dirt?
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks for that, re the resistor no burn mark, however looking even closer at this board I think it has had some work done on it in an attempt to fix it.
            some solder joints been done looks like the little blue cap CM804 next to that resistor has been changed out, also looks like CM801S has also been played with, me now thinking may be easier just to try and source another board

Comment

just been looking at that post you pointed me towards, looks exact same problem as my board even down to same components, coincidence ???

Comment

Checked the output diodes for SC ?
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by london-freddie View Post
                  just been looking at that post you pointed me towards, looks exact same problem as my board even down to same components, coincidence ???
                  No, it's probably a standard failure for this board.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys
                    Pretty sure this board has the same problem as Modrobert in the previous link
                    looks like STR-W6052S is shorted
                    CM804 blue ceramic looks to have been changed markings on cap are 47k 2kw not sure if this is the correct cap for the board
                    Diode DM801 is short when fitted, also checked this off board still short
                    Anyone know the correct blue ceramic that should be fitted

Comment

Output diodes all seem to be ok

Comment

In the link I gave earlier

I have replaced IC STR-W6052S, ceramic cap [CM804] (0.22nF 1000V "221K 1KV") and the TV is working again.

Comment

ok will get these parts ordered and give it a go, thanks

Comment

ok have ordered this ic STR-W6052 and diode DM801 which was def short, I have the cap CM804 221 1Kv
                            However with these components now removed from the board I now have another question re do I have another problem on this board
                            I believe the ic has one leg which is ground, however when checking the board connections with the ic removed I am getting a ground on all 3 solder points on one side of where the ic solders in, dont know what pin numbers they are but they are all on the outside edge of the chip/board,
                            Does that sound right or am I worrying over a problem that is not there, I am thinking there is something else on this board that has a short to ground

Comment

update !!!! got a used power board off ebay tv is now working again, now wait for ic and diode to arrive and try and get old faulty board working
                              thanks for the help guys

Comment

Were you able to compare the two boards regarding your concern over the 3 pins grounded.

Comment

No, did not check just put the board straight in the tv and powered it up, may take it back out and check out of curiosity though, I was being a bit impatient as the ic is coming from china and did not want to wait when I saw this board on ebay got it next day

Comment

Hi all, i'm trying to repair this board and lost few hours without no results.
                                    I've changed STR-W6052S (the old one makes a "click loop" when powered) and CM804, checked all diodes and capacitors, changed everything was faulty but this damn board doesn't work and nothing appears on output.
                                    It seems STR-W6052S (correctly powered) doesn't oscillate and obviously transformer doesn't work.
                                    Does anyone has any suggestion? Any schematics? My curiosity is higher than time i've spent on it so i'd like to find the faulty.
                                    Many thanks, have a nice day.

Comment

Hello new member here looking for helpwith
                                      Samsung BN44-00506A power board dead no standby, but i can hear something cycling on the board and advice on wat to check or replace?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gray.matter View Post
                                        Hello new member here looking for helpwith
                                        Samsung BN44-00506A power board dead no standby, but i can hear something cycling on the board and advice on wat to check or replace?

Many thanks
                                        Can you upload good clear pictures of your power supply front and back if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                        X