42PJ350 clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42PJ350 clicking noise

There's something like 20 of them! Which ones in particular?
    You can read resistor colour codes right? If not:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=re...or+colour+code

Very, very rare for resistors to fail shorted (considered unsafe, they are designed to fail open circuit.) Note, some resistors can be very low resistances, sub 1 ohm that does not make them bad.
    Last edited by tom66; 10-18-2014, 06:08 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you
      Tom

found 6 components short ysus board, ey712,ey710,ey714,ey752,possible ey736 all fets, 2 diode open d712 d713
      checked the buffer board no shorts. tryed unplugging the buffer turn on still clicked there another way to make sure?

going to try and order them today do they have to be exact the same hard to see some of the numbers?

Comment

Hi
        Found these igbt off a samsung board x-main board 30F123 what would like to know compatable, need 30F124 ?

look exactly same just different number on the end

hope someone can help

rgs marty

Comment

Can anyone help ?

Comment

Hi replaced 4 igbts blown ysus board lg42pj350 the tv powers up now the picture, colour not right any one have any idea?
            Cheers
            post pic
            Attached Files

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-42-Plas...item4d251e3661

Theres a ysus here for sale

Comment

Hi just confirming ysus board that is faulty,going to have a go fixingfaulty componentsif any one knows repair kit great help
                thanks again guys awsum site.

Comment

Hi
                  does any one know where i can buy these green coated resistors having trouble finding them from the uk
                  cheers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Where can i find these green coated resistors can only find them with blue coating, still ok to use ?
                    same colour band as the green just want to make sure
                    rgs
                    Attached Files

Comment

You can use any colour body... the bands are what matters... but why are you replacing them? Resistors rarely fail without obvious marks such as burn marks or discolouration.

Your fault looks like Z-sustain fault.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

2 are short 1 measures to high
                        Definitely ysus board mate.

Thank you Tom for your information i will order them now

Comment

I've said it before. Resistors nearly never fail short (they almost always fail open), and you can get low resistance resistors. Yours are 2.2 ohm, so that is fine, for them to show shorted on a simple multimeter.

I really doubt they will do anything for your problem...

Comment

Ok they Failed open was suppose to say sorry!
                            2x 30j124
                            2x 30f124
                            faulty all on the ysus board, Have you fixed ysus board Tom on the 42pj350 Model of the board EAX61332701 can not find repair kit.

Comment

What are the colour bands on them and what do they measure each

Comment

Red red gold gold
                                cheers
                                Last edited by marty-clubber; 10-27-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Red-Red-Gol-Gol = They would be expected to measure about 2.2 ohm each.

So... assuming those are all on the 200 ohm range, you are getting 4.7, 4.2 and 3.5 ohm each, but those sound acceptable, considering tolerance of the resistor (5%), meter (2%), and by far the most significant effect, the zero-resistance of your meter.

To measure the zero resistance of your meter, set your meter to the normal ohms range, and touch the leads together, what do you measure? I expect around 1-3 ohms for most cheap meters.
                                  Last edited by tom66; 10-27-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

00.1 Fluke 73
                                    just posted pic
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, different tact... Try probing across a lead of one of the resistors (so red probe and black probe on same lead just to short them out.)

Comment

after shorting them out mate

Comment

Eh... Just to be sure, both probes on the SAME lead of the resistor, this is just to test how well your meter probes against a resistor (contact pressure affects resistance, especially at low readings...)

Comment

Working...
                                          X