Panel Cross Reference List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel Cross Reference List

I'm wondering if there is any interest in keeping a list of panel replacements. For example, I've discovered that:

LG 50LA6205, 50LN5750, 50LN5400, 50LN5700 have interchangeable panels.

LG 47LN5750, 47LN5400, 47LN6205 have interchangeable panels.

Sony KDL-50W800 and HiSense 50K23dgw have interchangeable panels.

Sony KDL-48W600B and KDL-48R470B have interchangeable panels

Samsung panels are sometimes interchangeable, even when they are one model year apart. EH/H for example. I've not kept track of those swaps, but I will now.

I've used this to build one good TV out of two when I have one with a cracked screen and another with a faulty main board made out of unobtainium.

Anybody else keeping a list like this?
    Last edited by jjanssen7; 06-18-2016, 12:40 AM.

Re: Panel Cross Reference List

Keep it up! I love "frankenstiening" tvs. I will keep checking your findings for more .

Comment

When you say panels, are you talking about the actual screens themselves? If so, I'm with TVTimmy on this one! I think a list like that would be wonderful! I have a few screws that are good but the TVs aren't worth fixing. And I have some TVs where the boards are good but the screens are way to expensive to replace. I didn't ever think we could use different screens from different models. Thanks!
      -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Yes, by interchangeable I mean they are the exact same LCD panels from the same factory. Switch panel only, not even t-conn or ribbons.

I'll go over my notes 'cause I've done several Samsung swaps too. (Taking a panel from a good screen with bad LEDSs "dumb" TV and putting it into a smart TV with a cracked screen. Those certainly sell for more...

Comment

Originally posted by jjanssen7 View Post
          Yes, by interchangeable I mean they are the exact same LCD panels from the same factory. Switch panel only, not even t-conn or ribbons.

I'll go over my notes 'cause I've done several Samsung swaps too. (Taking a panel from a good screen with bad LEDSs "dumb" TV and putting it into a smart TV with a cracked screen. Those certainly sell for more...
          So if the screen works with another make / model television but the screen itself is actually a different LCD panel from another manufacturer or something, like talking a Phillips screen and replacing a broken Samsung screen with it, that wouldn't go on the list? Essentially, you just want to know which TVs have the same panels inside of them, right?

Comment

I've only swapped "like-for-like".

Panels from same manufacturer but different models or when the the same panel is used by different makes because those TV companies source them from the same manufacturer in china. Sony & Hisense, for example. Vizio, Westinghouse, Insignia (local brand?) and RCA share some panels too. I'm looking into an Insignia-Vizio panel swap at the moment. I'll keep track of what I confirm but I'm wondering if others are doing this simple swap too?

Comment

I'll start paying attention and writing down what I find when I work on TVs and comparing what I found with other TVs. Thanks Jjanssen7.

Comment

Lg 50pm6700 and lg 50pa6500 have the same panel. I had a smashed new 50pm6700, bought a 50pa6500 with bad zsus and ysus in it.
                I combined the two to make a working 50pm6700.

Comment

Got another one:

39" AU Panel from Hitachi LE39H217A (common edge-lit backlight burnout) is the same as the panel from RCA RLDEDV3988-A (and I suspect other RCA 39" models.)

Comment

Panel from UN40ES6100 with Tconn will work in Samsung UN40EH5300

Comment

LCD Panels from UN55J6200 is identical as UN55H6203

Comment

But this is no way a practical approach of keeping this information. You can't just add posts saying "this TV model has same panel than that other TV model". You have to keep a list of TV Brand - TV Model - Panel mfg / model. Could be an excel spreadsheet or ideally a database (as I'm doing it locally in MS Access).

I attach a Sony spreadsheet with TV key parts, including LCD panels. This was provided by Sony in year 2014. And a screenshot of my database, filtered by LCD panels. Here you can see that this way I can know that LC320WXN-SAB1 is installed on a Philips and a LG tv. Keeping this database is time consuming.
                        Attached Files

Comment

(Thanks for the Sony spreadsheet. That's an awesome resource!)

Actually, I was thinking of starting a list like you suggest, Chungalin. I wanted to see how many other people were looking for/interested in these swaps.

If my list is just made up of the stuff I discover then it will be a short list!
                          Last edited by jjanssen7; 08-25-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Panel from Samsung UN55ES8000 is the same as UN55ES7100

Comment

LCD Panel from Toshiba 58L4300 and 58L1350 is an exact match for Samsung UN58H5202

Comment

LCD Panel from Toshiba 46L5300 is same as Samsung Un46ES6820

Comment

For the same price, why don’t you say the panel maker and model for each coincidence?

Comment

I'll try to include that info in the future.

Comment

Samsung UN50F6800 LCD AUO T500HVN05.2 Panel is also found in Insignia NS-50D40SNA14

Comment

LG 49LF6300 with LC490EUE Chassis and V15 49FHD LCD panel contains the same LCD panel as Toshiba 49L420U with K490WDR1

Comment

Working...
                                        X