Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Telequipment D34 oscilloscope

JINHAO *are* knock off probes! =p

At least they named them for themselves. I think the "P6xxx" designation is a Tektronix thing (I also have official Tek P6120 10:1 probes), though it can be quite generic. Honestly I feel they're a small step below the quality of the Tek probes, but having switchable 1x/10x is an improvement (and a detriment -- if the switch goes wonky).

Should get more of them as well, so I don't have to swap between scopes. My 2465 needs two pairs :o

Comment

Well by that I mean a knock off of a knock off, there are differing grades of knock off lol anyways these seem to work well enough for me. I recently purchased an unused Rigol digital storage scope on the cheap in the event this one was not repairable, it came with a two sealed sets of probes so I can always compare and contrast.

Comment

what model rigol probes?
        they changed the ones they supply about a year and a half back.
        if you have the new ones - PVP-2150 then they are really good.
        and a really nice rubber coating on them too so they are nice to hold.

Comment

Its a DS1102E 100 mhz digital scope so probably an older model, though I did not pay much for the unit, seems previous owner got it, looked at the manual and gave up. The probe kit supplied is indeed a PVP-2150 and feel rubber coated so maybe the unit is newer than I thought. Either way it will be cover most if not all I need it for and its size makes it all but ideal, if it had a battery pack it would be ideal in every way. Now there is a thought.

Comment

they still sell that model i think - if it's what i think it is then it's good for a lot more than 100MHz

people have talked of making battery packs for them to replace the switching psu but you need to generate a fair number of voltages.
            Attached Files

Comment

https://int.rigol.com/products/oscil...s/ds1000e.html

it has a firmware update from august.
              Last edited by stj; 12-30-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

MMmm given the low power requirement of the scope it might be easier to cramp a lipo pack in there along with a 240v inverter depending upon how much space there is in the back. From the review quite a lot it would seem. Anyways it is one of these and am kind of interested in what this will go upto so I may well hook it up to the sig gen and give it some exercise lol. Thanks for the links by the way.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by llonen; 12-31-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Well I am sure you are all holding your breath for what its good for,

Well on a fluke 6060B, at maxed out at 1.9volt RF (which is about all this thing produces)

Very good upto 100mhz

Good upto 150mhz (you proabbly would not want to rely on calculating frequency)

More or less good upto 200MHZ some vertical drop off and a little more jitter

Usable at 250MHZ as long as you don't want to take any measurements from it, waveform looking a little weird in places

And the money shot, well it craps out at 300 MHZ waveform looking very ugly.

Comment

well 200MHz for 250$ u.s. is hard to beat.
                    i dont think they still sell it in europe - there is a new low-end scope called the ds1000z-e or similar,
                    with 2 channels and widescreen upto 200MHz.
                    it looks to me like a ds1000z with the second 2 channels removed.

Comment

Working...
                    X