Re-cap my Pioneer SX-950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-cap my Pioneer SX-950

I was going to re-cap my Pioneer SX-950 and while peeking at the Equalizer Amp Assembly (AWF-011) I had noticed 1 bulged cap and 2 others that were not the value I was looking at in the schematic, C-7 is supposed to be 330uF/6.8V and C-8 is supposed to be 330uF/6.8V and they were both 470uf/6.3V and then the one with the bulge is supposed to be 220uf/25V and it is 330uf/63V.
    I guess my question is do I replace with the schematic values or the ones on the board?
    Would this cause my speaker protect relay to shunt the audio when I go to try turn it up?
    Also is there any way of finding out if these are updated values that came out after the SM was printed, Any help would be appreciated also if there is another SM around to be downloaded as the one on the data page is not clear at all when you download it and you can't read it.

Thanks, Kidd

Re: Re-cap my Pioneer SX-950

That depends. It's important to know what those capacitors do in the circuit.
    If they are just filtering, a slightly higher value does not matter.

Comment

Re: Re-cap my Pioneer SX-950

ipman speaks truth.

Can't know from what you've said if these caps are in the power distribution or something for the audio signal.

If in the audio, changing the uF could change frequency handling/properties.

If those caps are just part of the ripple filters [they remove SMPS noise] then that much uF difference probably won't matter [ESR matters more for that] and the added uF will help somewhat for DC load changes. [Cranking it up or down for instance.]

If it worked well with those caps then look up the specs [beyond uF you need to know Ripple and ESR] and find replacements that match as close as possible.
      [That works no matter what they do.]
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X