Recovered 850 G1 Bios now the warning machine not in committed state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovered 850 G1 Bios now the warning machine not in committed state

Hi all just wondering if anyone can help?

i have just recovered my bios after i screwed it up after trying to take a dump of my bios with a clip and a programmer to get around the bios password on one of my old work laptops (HP Elitebook 850 G1).

since the recovery i have been left with the PC now booting up but now i get the warning the machine is not in a commited state and the laptop swithes itself of after about 30 minutes, which i believe is to do with a missing intel management engine.

if anyone can shed any light on wither of these problems, which i am guessing they are both related to a possible bad BIOS.

TIA
    The NiNja

Re: Recovered Bios now the warning machine not in committed state

Originally posted by Ginjaninja View Post
    Hi all just wondering if anyone can help?

i have just recovered my bios after i screwed it up after trying to take a dump of my bios with a clip and a programmer to get around the bios password on one of my old work laptops (HP Elitebook 850 G1).

since the recovery i have been left with the PC now booting up but now i get the warning the machine is not in a commited state and the laptop swithes itself of after about 30 minutes, which i believe is to do with a missing intel management engine.

if anyone can shed any light on wither of these problems, which i am guessing they are both related to a possible bad BIOS.

TIA
    The NiNja
    Read this to learn how to clean ME Region.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88533
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

thanks very much for the reply i'll have a read

Thanks the NiNja

Comment

just one other question do i need to use my bios clip and prorammer to use the Intel FIT

TIA
        The NiNja

Comment

just one other question do i need to use my bios clip and prorammer to use the Intel FIT

TIA
          The NiNja
          I don't prefer to use clip unless you don't have proper tools (soldering iron/hot air) or your soldering skills isn't good.
          If you are not sure that you can clean the ME Region by yourself, upload the file here and someone will try to help you.
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          >>>>>

Comment

sorry for being a thicko, but do i need a dump from my Bios or can all these tools be ran on the laptop with the issue and get the data required. But im guessing i need to use the clip or get the soldering tools out if i need to fix my issues.

when i last used the clip i dont recall getting the right results from the bios chip, just ordered a solder rework tookfor work so may have to give that a try.

Thanks again for the replies

The NiNja

Comment

sorry for being a thicko, but do i need a dump from my Bios or can all these tools be ran on the laptop with the issue and get the data required. But im guessing i need to use the clip or get the soldering tools out if i need to fix my issues.

when i last used the clip i dont recall getting the right results from the bios chip, just ordered a solder rework tookfor work so may have to give that a try.

Thanks again for the replies

The NiNja
              You will need to take a backup from your BIOS and clean it yes.
              If you have the Original BIOS that will be much helpful.
              >>>>>

Comment

Re: Recovered 850 G1 Bios now the warning machine not in committed state

Unfortunately i think i lost my original backup when i updated my laptop to windows 11. to be fair i don't think the backup i took was good as probably why i knackered the bios up in the first place.

so i am just waiting for the rework station to arrive, but when it does I'm assuming i need to de-solder the chip and plug into my programmer to get a dump of the back up as it is, then post on here to hope someone can clean it up for me. once i have a clean bios version i would just reprogram the chip with this and then re-solder back onto the board.

Thanks again
                The NiNja

Comment

Good evening all

Got the rework station and going to desolder the chip from the HP Elitebook 850 G1.

A couple of things:

1. In the attached image is that the correct chip i need to remove.

2 is the CH341A programmer OK to read this chip.

then after i have read the chip do i just post here and hpoefully one of you guys can clean it up.

TIA
                  The NiNja
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good evening all

Got the rework station and going to desolder the chip from the HP Elitebook 850 G1.

A couple of things:

1. In the attached image is that the correct chip i need to remove.

2 is the CH341A programmer OK to read this chip.

then after i have read the chip do i just post here and hpoefully one of you guys can clean it up.

TIA
                    The NiNja
                    Take a clear image for both chips, we need to see what's written on them.
                    Attached Files
                    >>>>>

Comment

cant seem to get a close enough image with the camera but using a magnifying glass both chips appear to be the same

WINBOND
                      25Q128FVSG

Does this correct

TIA
                      The NiNja
                      Last edited by Ginjaninja; 06-05-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

cant seem to get a close enough image with the camera but using a magnifying glass both chips appear to be the same

WINBOND
                        25Q128FVSG

Does this correct

TIA
                        The NiNja
                        No, U366 is 2MB (16Mbit).
                        Upload the content of CN365 chip, the one you marked it by a circle (25Q128FVSG).
                        >>>>>

Comment

here is the dump of my bios chip which is currently giving the message at start up "Waring: Machine Not in Committed State"
                          Attached Files

Comment

here is the dump of my bios chip which is currently giving the message at start up "Waring: Machine Not in Committed State"
                            This file doesn't contain ME Region, so it can't be repaired.
                            I will attach a working BIOS which I have tried before, it's for 840 g1 but I can change the DMI for yours if the device works fine.

I found this Serial Number in your dump file "CNU4289M7D" it's correct or not?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hardware1; 06-06-2023, 01:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach the file
                            >>>>>

Comment

Hi Hardware1

i can confirm this is the serial number

Thanks Again
                              The NiNja

Comment

Also before i write the bios file to the chip, do i erase the chip first or can i just write over the old bios data.

TIA
                                The NiNja

Comment

Also before i write the bios file to the chip, do i erase the chip first or can i just write over the old bios data.

TIA
                                  The NiNja
                                  Yes, you should erase the chip before the writing process.
                                  If you are using NeoProgrammer software, you can check these 5 options and press on the "Write IC" icon and it will do everything automatically.
                                  Attached Files
                                  >>>>>

Comment

Does NeoProgrammer work with CH341a programmer

The Ninja

Comment

Does NeoProgrammer work with CH341a programmer

The Ninja
                                      Yes, it's the best software for CH341A (as far as I know).

Download it from here:
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2374
                                      >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                      X