Dell Optiplex GX620 Cooling Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Optiplex GX620 Cooling Mods

I thought I would share these mods I have done to my Dell Optiplex GX620 to improve cooling.

Pic 1: Shows stock 120mm delta fan, very nice and quiet.
    Pic 2: Shows the Hard Drive Fan Mount (a 92mm da tech fan)
    Pic 3: Shows the Hard Drive Fan Mount installed in the bay below my 500Gb HDD.
    Pic 4: Shows a fan shroud from a Dell Dimension 2300 redirecting all the hot air to the back of the case.
    Pic 5: I am awaiting the arrival of a new upgrade, aka an Hyper Micro $20 Unit AcBel 550Watt
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Optiplex GX620 Cooling Mods

Comment

Replace the H7445 FC820 heat sink that has the large empty space with the heat pipe version D9729 J9761. I want to do that in my Optiplex 755 and 760 but Core 2 produces too little heat to matter.
      sig files are for morons

Comment

It's back up and running! I added a 60mm fan to the video card and an 80mm fan in the back with a homemade controller.

Comment

Regarding Dell partnumbers, are there any webpages that will tell you what partnumbers that will fit in your machine ?

Was looking for a cpu cooler for a Dell 755 sff, on ebay I see several types for the sff - this and this

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            Regarding Dell partnumbers, are there any webpages that will tell you what partnumbers that will fit in your machine ?

Was looking for a cpu cooler for a Dell 755 sff, on ebay I see several types for the sff - this and this
            Best place for part numbers like that is often ebay ads.
            Those two look functionally identical. [Interchangeable]
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I have the minitower version, so its not much of a problem on whether or not the dell heatsink will fit of course, I have to get the right partnumber

Comment

Working...
              X