acer 5920g modem missing, changed video card ..still no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: acer 5920g modem missing, changed video card ..still no video

was my mistake, as in italian white = bianco (write blank )

yes, wrote blank and not black lol

edit: once on a 5520g i got a white screen, but in that case was the lcd cable not properly connected.
    Last edited by dellxps15; 06-15-2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Thx all of u friends..my laptop is working ok with external monitor..can any confirm is inverter ok since I get white screen ..I can decrease increase brightness...I think I need to check desplay cable first..

Comment

Hai.pl can anyone tell me how to upgrade bios? My current ver is 3811..from acer website newest one is 3813.i hv still video problem.i can see all ok on external monitor...but inbuild screen just shine white..I tried plug unplug lcd cable both side..after that not a single shot of video I saw on laptop screen. Is upgrade to bios is advisable if I saw all ok on external monitor...sorry for my bad knowledge about bios.

Comment

Sorry i m posting late here...I replaced lcd screen and cable ..still no video..no image.it was checked by laptop technician. I couldn't find hardware issues..I have not updated motherboard bios or vbios yet.
          This laptop working ok externally ..but cannt produce video to external too if internal lcd is connected simultaneously. I do not hear any starting beep sound too..what next is suggested. ?
          Last edited by awadesh15; 07-04-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

check pin 1 LCDVCC of U1 if you get 3.3v. Without this voltage, you will get white screen.

If pin 3 of U1 is high and you still don't have 3.3v, then replace this chip. It could also be that R10 is open, check that resistor too.

Comment

Thx sir, actually I m household electrician learning mobile too, I dont hv idea to check lcd vcc as u told, but I searched on net what I did I m writing.
              1).i removed lcd screen and inverter , battery ,wifi ,bluetooth .motherboard has 40 pin socket and connecting lcd flex/cable that has 30 pins but has wired only upto 20(actually 19 ,5th one is missing..not connected..as factory made).
              2).i connected laptop adapter and external monitor too..I power on laptop and I get normal window in external.
              3.)i checked voltage between pin 1 and pin 2=0 volt.
              Pin1 and pin3=0 volt.
              Pin1 and pin4=3.3v
              Pin5 absent..
              Pin1 and pin6=3.3v
              Pin1 and pin7=3.3v
              Pin 1 and rest of pins show no voltage.
              I checked such because I read thread on notebookreview.com , how to upgrade lcd thread.
              From there I came to know pin 2 and pin 3 supply should be 3.3v.pin4 should be VEEDD DOC 3.3V
              PINS 1,10,13,16,19,22,25,28(actually no pins after 20) are grounded...I READ SUCH.
              4)Next if I recheck without external screen connected and power on laptop I get every pins unstable voltages with respect to pin 1.
              In my case pin 20(the last one) seem to be grounded too.
              I do not know ...have I checked correctly or not .
              If not then pl guide me to check properly voltages if possible.
              Thx Whaldsz..

Comment

Out of curiosity is the deal with the modems and non-booting only with this laptop? I've removed them from many laptops to save battery life/resources and never once had an issue.
                Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                X