Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

Hi There

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 245BW, I have 8,96 volts coming from the 24 volts that powers the inverter. Black Screen, blue power light turns the power on and off, but no backlight...

Ken

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

See the instructions below on how to post top down view pictures of your boards. Please follow the instructions below exactly.

The cause of your low voltage (9V) could be bad caps.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Welcome!

There are several threads involving this display. Use the search for 245BW.

Please identify the part numbers for the power supply board and inverter. BN44-???? etc.

Toast
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Here are the pictures . all of the caps on the entire board were replaced, and rechecked to make sure all were correct, as well as the 3 resistors that commonly are a problem (RB805, RB806 and RB807)
        Attached Files

Comment

1) What brand and series are the replacement caps?

2) What is the DC voltage across the legs of CM851 and CM852?

3) Just above CM851 and CM852 are two diodes mounted on heatsinks. What are the DC voltage on these diodes?

4) CN803 shows a legend with 5 pins marked as 24V DC. Are these pins showing 24V DC?

5) If you disconnect the inverter board from the power supply board, does CN803 measure 24V DC?
          Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            1) What brand and series are the replacement caps?

2) What is the DC voltage across the legs of CM851 and CM852?

3) Just above CM851 and CM852 are two diodes mounted on heatsinks. What are the DC voltage on these diodes?

4) CN803 shows a legend with 5 pins marked as 24V DC. Are these pins showing 24V DC?

5) If you disconnect the inverter board from the power supply board, does CN803 measure 24V DC?
            Don't forget to see retiredcaps above post.
            Here is another thing you can check, if my memory is correct the capacitor I have circled in red is a known failure item and if it is bad you will have stand by voltage but you will lose the 24v rail.
            Chances are you will see no obvious failure, but if you remove it from the board you may notice slight burning on the pins.
            Attached Files
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I will get aound to getting all those reading a little later today .. I do have voltage across the 24v , but it is only 8.6 volts...
              even with the inverter disconnected still 8.6 volts

Comment

How do i measure the voltage of the 2 diodes ?.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoonen View Post
                  How do i measure the voltage of the 2 diodes ?.
                  It is most likely a 3 pin diode that looks like this

-><-

Put your black probe on a ground screw. Put your red probe on the middle pin. You should get a DC voltage reading.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

8.12VDC , And 8.10VDC

Comment

8.12VDC , And 8.10VDC
                      Hmm, that is really low. Just to verify we are looking at the right diodes ...

1) What are the part numbers for both?

2) What are the cap ratings for CM851 and CM852?

I was expecting the DC voltages at the diodes to be slightly higher than 24 V DC.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

FCH20U10 for both Diodes
                        Both Caps 35V 1000uF
                        Last edited by kmoonen; 01-21-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

This took some research, but thanks to zeha in the mega 245BW thread, I found his schematic in post

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=326

I zoomed into the appropriate section and posted it here.

Now, I'm not very good at reading schematics, but FCH20U10 is directly getting its feed from the transformer. So if it is 8.x V DC there, then that leads me to think one or more of the following:

1) The TM801S transformer is bad. Rare, but not impossible.
                          2) Both FCH20U10 are bad. Two diodes bad at the same time? Maybe not.
                          3) F9222L might not be working 100% and causing the primary side to misbehave?

In his pdf schematic, it shows the expected voltages for F9222L. Compare it with your lcd. Pin 23 is the interesting one.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-21-2012, 09:01 PM.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

PS. Warning high voltage alert. Note pin 23 is 392V DC.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Can you answer the model number questions and the caps brand/series questions please?

What is the voltage across the mains cap in standby vs. on?
                              veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                This took some research, but thanks to zeha in the mega 245BW thread, I found his schematic in post

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=326

I zoomed into the appropriate section and posted it here.

Now, I'm not very good at reading schematics, but FCH20U10 is directly getting its feed from the transformer. So if it is 8.x V DC there, then that leads me to think one or more of the following:

1) The TM801S transformer is bad. Rare, but not impossible.
                                2) Both FCH20U10 are bad. Two diodes bad at the same time? Maybe not.
                                3) F9222L might not be working 100% and causing the primary side to misbehave?

In his pdf schematic, it shows the expected voltages for F9222L. Compare it with your lcd. Pin 23 is the interesting one.
                                You are missing an important point. Pin 23 is the DC input for the drivers, it should be at 385V with little ripple. Pin 19 is the output of the drivers (this is called a totem pole output - Q1 and Q2 of the F9222L alternately pull it low (Q1) and high (Q2)). NOTE CM802!!!! That provides the return path for the primary windings. If it is bad you will get no output or very low output from the transformer.

PlainBill
                                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

But, none of it works (correctly) unless you have the ~385v, correct?

Kinda like wondering why the car won't start, and nobody's checked the gas gauge...
                                  veritas odium parit

Comment

CM802 is broken from the board... didnt even notice it.. I cant read the top, does anyone know what the replacement info is .?.

Comment

More questions, still no answers...?
                                      veritas odium parit

Comment

CM802 is broken from the board... didnt even notice it.. I cant read the top, does anyone know what the replacement info is .?.
                                        It's in the schematic posted above. 18 nF, 650 volts, 5% Digi-Key stock number P14550-ND should work.

PlainBill
                                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                        X