Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer IPIMB-AR R1.02A bios corrupted. Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer IPIMB-AR R1.02A bios corrupted. Need help.

Hello everyone. As the title says, my bios is corrupted. I have already checked every other possible solution like ram position and reset cmos but nothing worked. I have no idea how or why it happened. The motherboard takes hours to POST. When it does POST, it gives 1 long beep and 2 short beeps. After some scavenging on other forums, I discovered that it had something to do with video output. Not sure what else is damaged in the bios but I managed to take a dump of the bios.

I wanted to reflash the bios chip with another dump from the net. Unfortunately, I could not find any for my motherboard specifically.

(Note: There are quite a few pcs from Acer, Gateway and HP with the same motherboard but not all use the same bios chips. Most have UEFI support. Sadly, that is not the case with my motherboard.)

I tried flashing the bios update files from Acer's website but I quickly learnt that those files are just updates and not dumps. That did not help.

I will upload my bios dump here. I really hope someone can take a look at it and point out what is wrong and upload a repaired copy of it. I would really appreciate that.

OR

My motherboard came from an Acer Aspire M1935 and it has a Winbond 25Q64FVSIG bios chip. I need a bios copy, version P01-A2L for it.

Many thanks in advanced and Happy New Year.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer IPIMB-AR R1.02A bios corrupted. Need help.

Originally posted by TheKROCZ View Post
    Hello everyone. As the title says, my bios is corrupted. I have already checked every other possible solution like ram position and reset cmos but nothing worked. I have no idea how or why it happened. The motherboard takes hours to POST. When it does POST, it gives 1 long beep and 2 short beeps. After some scavenging on other forums, I discovered that it had something to do with video output. Not sure what else is damaged in the bios but I managed to take a dump of the bios.

I wanted to reflash the bios chip with another dump from the net. Unfortunately, I could not find any for my motherboard specifically.

(Note: There are quite a few pcs from Acer, Gateway and HP with the same motherboard but not all use the same bios chips. Most have UEFI support. Sadly, that is not the case with my motherboard.)

I tried flashing the bios update files from Acer's website but I quickly learnt that those files are just updates and not dumps. That did not help.

I will upload my bios dump here. I really hope someone can take a look at it and point out what is wrong and upload a repaired copy of it. I would really appreciate that.

OR

My motherboard came from an Acer Aspire M1935 and it has a Winbond 25Q64FVSIG bios chip. I need a bios copy, version P01-A2L for it.

Many thanks in advanced and Happy New Year.
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      It works. Thanks a ton. However, it still takes a long time to POST. I could manage with that. All I had to do was flash the bios update file to solve that issue.

Really appreciate your effort. Cheers and have good year ahead!

Comment

For anyone who needs a working dump of P01-A2L for the IPIMB-AR Rev1.02A, here is a copy.
        Attached Files

Comment

1 long and 2 short=Often means RAM init failure.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
          X