samsung 2220wm syncmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung 2220wm syncmaster

hi, i have a samsung 2220 syncmaster that just went black.. the blue power button flicks but no screen... i was wondering if it might be a capasitor? i don't know how to remove the back of the monitor.. it has 3 screws for the base stand... and 4 seems like holes in the back of the monitor.. any help would be much appreciated... thank's griff

Re: samsung 2220wm syncmaster

Originally posted by griff View Post
    i was wondering if it might be a capasitor? i don't know how to remove the back of the monitor.
    Be careful when opening because there may be fragile connections, but this video gives you an idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5LhuCT1y8

You basically need to pry the thing apart.

After it is apart, post clear focused pictures after reading

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

hi, thank's for all your help.. after i removed the back of the monitor, i checked the capasitors and there were 2 bulged... i replaced them and now i see the screen is very dark.. not sure what happened.. i checked to make sure everything was connected.. Griff

Comment

What replacement capacitors did you use?

Comment

i checked the capasitors and there were 2 bulged... i replaced them and now i see the screen is very dark.
          What brand/type of capacitors did you use to replace the bad ones?

Can you see the display if you shine a flashlight on it?

Or do you just see a black screen (no display image)?

When you power off, then power on, does the display work for 2 seconds and then go black?

Does the power LED stay green?

Also, it would help if you post clear focused pictures of all your boards (top down, front and back) after reading these instructions ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

hi thank's for the reply... the capasitors were samxon 1000u f10v that were bulged..i replaced them with samxon 1000u f25v.. i can see the screen but it's very dark.. the power light stays on.. i'm sorry but i don't have a camera to take pic"s of it.. Griff

Comment

Check for fuses in the power supply which may have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by seanc View Post
                Check for fuses in the power supply which may have failed.
                And there may fuses on the inverter board as well.

Some fuses are picofuses and can be spotted on boards with the identifier pf. For example, on the PCB it may say pf700.

A good fuse should read 0.3 ohms on your multimeter. Always measure fuses with power off and unplugged.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thank's again for all your help..there was a problem with the ribbon...when i re-installed it the connection wasn't snug. once i snapped it in place it worked.. thank's for your help..it probably would cost me a lot of money with out your help..thank's again...Griff

Comment

thank's again for all your help..there was a problem with the ribbon...when i re-installed it the connection wasn't snug. once i snapped it in place it worked.
                    Glad it works. Those ribbon cables can be tricky if you don't push them all the way in. And some are so fragile, you can't push very hard.

I managed to break off one of those snaps by lifting them. It works, but I have to tape down that snap.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                    X