Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft's Biggest Blunder

Originally posted by lorins_core View Post
    Okey Sir. Sorry my English is Not Good. Till Next time.
    Poor guys getting messed up by a crappy online translator I expect. Try another one fella, perhaps it will read better ?

Comment

It's been funny to say the least, watching and working with Microsoft's OS releases. I originally cut my teeth on DOS, then Windows 3.1 and all the others up to present day. Have to say though, staying with the thread, I voted Windows ME because it was literally the worst OS they released to market. Windows 98 SE in a new coat of paint, crappy tweaks and rushed to market to catch the "New Milennium' wave of the time. It was nothing to do with improvement, just 'keep the money flowing'.
      I still remember though, Windows XP being the brunt of Vista-like hatred because it was such a departure from what had gone before. Mostly down to what existing software would or would not work and the slow development of reliable drivers. Then there's the steady stream of new tech and emerging hardware. It was a ride ! For me though, Windows 7 is the 'new XP' if you like.. And was more workable and mature much earlier than it took XP to settle out.

Windows 8 ? Before long its going to be coming across my bench and I'm going to be sitting in homes and offices making their PC all better again.. Up to now I've literally 'played with it' twice. I normally like and embrace new stuff but this.. I don't think I'm going to enjoy it this time.

Comment

I haven't had experience with windows ME, but the worst I have had was with vista.

I use win7, and I love it

win8 is somewhat faster, but the layout - ugh! They should have thought long and hard before they made the choice to make it support PCs and tablets!

I have looked at how Microsoft is doing. It seems to be doing fairly well, considering how crazy Apple has become! Slow but steady. You know, the bigger you are the harder you fall!!!
        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by Gariarto View Post
          I still remember though, Windows XP being the brunt of Vista-like hatred because it was such a departure from what had gone before.
          Which I never understood. Admittedly, I tweaked it to look like 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
            I haven't had experience with windows ME, but the worst I have had was with vista.

I use win7, and I love it

win8 is somewhat faster, but the layout - ugh! They should have thought long and hard before they made the choice to make it support PCs and tablets!

I have looked at how Microsoft is doing. It seems to be doing fairly well, considering how crazy Apple has become! Slow but steady. You know, the bigger you are the harder you fall!!!
            Your view is similar to mine, regarding windows 8. I love the speed and efficiency, but I'm not too crazy about the layout. Sure, I got used to it quickly, but I still preferred the classic layout. That is why I am looking forward to Windows 9, in hopes it combines the speed and efficiency of Windows 8 with the clean, classic layout of 7. That would be my ideal operating system.

Matt

Comment

It would have been nice if Microsoft had included a kind of 'mode switch' to set the GUI between a traditional mode and that awful Metro. Looks like 3rd party programming is emerging though to answer that. Not that I want to have to mod my OS to make it workable. I have to say too, I resent being coerced into creating accounts and 'ties' with Microsoft. We get enough big brother sh*t as it is without being drawn into yet another marketing web.

Comment

It would be sooo sweet if someone will make a very customizable OS, which runs fast. You could make it look like almost whatever you can imagine.....
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                  It would be sooo sweet if someone will make a very customizable OS, which runs fast. You could make it look like almost whatever you can imagine.....
                  sounds like linux if it were more user friendly.
                  My Computer.
                  AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
                  Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
                  Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
                  500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
                  1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
                  2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

Originally posted by Gariarto View Post
                    It would have been nice if Microsoft had included a kind of 'mode switch' to set the GUI between a traditional mode and that awful Metro ...
                    They didn't on purpose.

They want to force us to swallow the Sesame Street tiles whether we like it or not. If that requires stuffing it down our throats while pinching our noses, so be it, apparently they don't care anymore.

And that's why we should give our finger to W8, and rejoice with its failure:

Comment

Working...
                    X