Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heads up!! Samsung looking to sell storage line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: heads up!! Samsung looking to sell storage line.

i've bought a bunch of seagates as of late. not one problem so far. i've only had one HD die on me and it was a Maxtor......10 years old though.
    "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
    AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

I had 80GB and 200GB IDE Maxtors once, never missed a beat, sold them to upgrade to SATA, kinda wish I still had them, oh well, even 200GB isn't much these days.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Reviving an old thread...........I have a Maxtor Diamondmax Plus9 -120GB (originally one of a pair for Raid0 - don't remember what happened to the other one) dated 28.6.2004 that is still in daily use (for storage now) on my other skt939-XP machine..........I can't complain about that.
        Currently I have one 1TB Seagate USB drive for films/doc's about a year old, a Samsung 1TB F3 for backups May 2010 - 2 x 300GB WD V-Raptors June 2008, and a WD 500GB Cav Green from Jan 2008.
        Only ever had one HDD fail on me some years ago and that was a WD 250GB, which I think was outside of its warranty period, and a couple of 36GB Raptors somewhere, and only pulled because I wanted bigger drives.
        I have had more WD drives over the years, but they have gone into family machines that I built..........I bought new ones, and they got my old ones...
        So I basically now buy WD drives, and only bought the 1TB Seagate USB drive 'cos it was on special offer at Tesco's (Supermarket)

In fact, I think HDD failures have not been a source of irritation for me, but PSU's were............4 x Tagan EasyCons, and everyone died after about 9-12 months (I thought they were good back then...) and a Corsair HX620 after about 3 years and replaced under warranty, and the new one is happy in my old skt939 machine.
        Last edited by Baron; 05-06-2011, 03:01 AM. Reason: Typos
        Tt Armor+ black case--Corsair HX1050--Intel i7 920 (default)+Noctua U12-Gigabyte GA-58EX-Extreme--6GB tri-ch. Corsair Dominator+ Corsair Dominator memory cooler--2 X Gigabyte 6870OC CF -2 x 300GB WD V-Raptors--1 X 500GB WD Green--1 x WD 250GB--1 X 1TB Samsung F3--8 case fans--Samsung T220 22" + Dell WFP2408 24"--Logitech G15 keyboard-Logitech G500 mouse--Onboard sound--plus other bits.
        OS-Vista-64bit+Win7-64bit+Win 8 64bit.

Comment

Working...
        X