No announcement yet.

Can a Cap be bad and not look like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a Cap be bad and not look like it?

I forgot to mention, this may help, at first when problems started it was turning on but not booting up all the way to the desk top, it would not go past the count down, it was throwing out errors, like system failure, this and that, I'm sorry that I didn't pay attention to more of what them errors were, so I would have to keep rebooting and it would work great for a while, then at times the unit would shut down like the software was messed up bad.... then, I started to get that stone dead at "turn on", so I replaced the power unit and it would work okay for a while, then I put the old power unit back in to see what it would do and it worked great again, then again it went stone dead in time, so I'd put the other good power unit back in and it was a craps shoot, it would work or would not, its touch and go, so I just might get it to work right now putting it back together, if it does work right now putting it back together what I'll do is not touch the same CPU thats in it, the 2.4, and if its fails again I'll try the other good 1.8 CPU that your asking I do.

So there is no big hurry I get this figured out, I'll post back what happens, and if you can suggest somethings as I go along that will be great, so I'll let you know what happens next putting it all back together. thanks, Joe

Comment

Working...
    X