Fried graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried graphics card

I pulled this 8400GS from a dead Asus machine today, and I was quite surprised at what I found. This card has a Capxon capacitor, Teapo, KZG, and the cherry on the top is a single Sacon FZ. I've never seen so many bad brands on a single card.

Surprisingly the machine still works; it just needed a new power supply and a new graphics card.

Attached Files

Re: Fried graphics card

Oooh burnty! My guess is that CapXon failed short circuited and cooked that inductor.

Comment

Wow...at least it was only an 8400GS, but I'm surprised that FZ hasn't puked its guts out yet!!!!

Comment

Where exactly is that Sacon FZ supposed to be?
        The silver/blue cap is a Chemicon PS series solid poly.

I don't see any Teapos either, unless they're the 2 tiny green ones next to the fan connector..

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
          Where exactly is that Sacon FZ supposed to be?
          The silver/blue cap is a Chemicon PS series solid poly.

I don't see any Teapos either, unless they're the 2 tiny green ones next to the fan connector..
          You're right. I'm so used to the design of FZs that I didn't stop to take a closer look, especially as I know how popular they are in graphics cards. There are newer FZ capacitors that don't have any vent stamps on them. Also the two small green ones by the fan connector are Teapos, yes.

Comment

Working...
          X