Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG Plasma 60pz550 has strange greenish rainbow flickering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Plasma 60pz550 has strange greenish rainbow flickering.

I have a LG Plasma 60pz550 and yesterday we noticed that, around the perimeter and across the whole screen at times. There's this Greenish, rainbow type effect and it, kind of, flickers a little when the camera shots change. It's really noticeable on a black and white TV show. I say rainbow because it may have a little red to it, but it mostly looks greenish. You can see the picture fine, it's just a quality issue. Is this something I can get fixed or is the TV done? Any info would be, greatly, appreciated.

The nearest LG service is over 100 miles away from me. Someone told me it was called "Sparkles". One person told me it was a bad T_CON control board. Another guy said to replace the control module and then another guy said defective plasma pdp display. If I knew for sure I'd change the part myself, but I'm getting different answers. No warranty. I'm lost.
    Last edited by JeffandPeggy; 01-20-2014, 10:23 PM.

Re: LG Plasma 60pz550 has strange greenish rainbow flickering.

hi welcome to the forum

so are you saying the problem is intermittent or its always there ?

can you get a picture of what you are describing?

Comment

I posted 2 videos on YouTube. It's not there all the time. It's sporadic. Shows up in different spots depending on the light.

In the video, with Sponge bob, you can literally see the effect disappear and reappear so I'm confident that its not screen burn.

It shows up better on a Black and White TV show (Unfortunately, none on at the moment) Later today I will take a video in black and white and post it to YouTube. You can really see the randomness on a B&W show.

Here's the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YK0jigGzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUSGb14YUg

Comment

my question is if you were to pause what you were watching with the rainbow effect stay there and not disappear? just from the videos it looks like a voltage is either off for varying going to The sustain boards. usually if it were a mainboard issue or a logic board issue it would be all throughout the screen. and my last question is does it do it when its cold when you first power it or after its been on for a while?
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

If it were to pause, where the light from the picture stays the same, I believe it stays. I'm desperately trying to find a black and white show to record because you can really see it good.

I could almost swear, when you watch black and white, that it does hit all over the screen just at different times, but not 100% sure. Again depending on the light coming from the picture.

I did notice, that when the TV is off for an extended period of time (at least an hour) when you turn it on, it DOES NOT do it immediately.

Actually, Ive been watching it for about 15 minutes and it hasn't done it yet, so it may have something to do with the temperature of the TV

Comment

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure it is does consume the entire screen. I'm going to have to watch it close to find out. I really need to find a black and white show to know for sure. My eyes get lost in the color. You may have better eyes than mine. It is, predominate, around the perimeter.I'm not sure if the light stays more sound in the middle of the screen and changes more on the outside or not.

Comment

One Note of interest: On 45 minutes now and hasn't done it yet. I'm puzzled now.

Comment

Someone on here had a similar issue, also 60". Some cold solder joints on the Z-sustain board, ERC inductors... I'll try find the thread
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Almost 2 hours now and still not doing it. I'm confused more than . I thought, maybe, the TV would be as warm or hot as it would get after being on for 2 hours. Strange.

Comment

If it does occur again, post some pictures of the boards in the TV so the fault can be located.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom. Did you see the videos I posted earlier in the thread?

Last night,strangely, it didn't do it at all.

This morning it's doing it, but at a much slower rate.
                        It's not constant. I'll try to take a picture of it and maybe another video

Comment

Yes, I did. I mean pictures of the circuit boards inside the TV, if it is to be repaired by yourself - are you confident around a soldering iron?

Comment

did you ever get to the bottom of this as i have a similar sounding issue

Comment

Like THIS?
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsMP...k&noredirect=1

See HERE:
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=60PV450

Comment

Hey tom66 quick question for you i have a visionquest pvq32vgb which from what ive seen is made by LG.. I have rainbow sparkles all over the screen. I have tested the va and vs both adjusted to sticker specs.. I have looked at the ysus board and it has a VSC tag on the board.. The problem im having is all the pots on the board are labelled VR1, VR5(set on), and VR2 so none of the common labels.. Please help me i bought this tv under the impression it worked and its a gift for my father for xmas.. The sticker states 5.2v/Va 63v/Vs 193v/n.a/-130/130 n.a/160. Sorry to hijack the thread but i cant pm you Tom66.

Comment

Working...
                                X