Sharp Aquos LC-60LE810UN troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-60LE810UN troubleshooting

First of all, I'd like to thank the contributors to this site. I've learned a lot from this forum.
    I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE810UN with a blank screen, 1 -1 error code(Lamp error) flashing when plugging in the TV. Not possible to get to the service menu or resetting the error via CH- and VOL+ when plugging in the TV. I've tried to replace all three boards to no avail(I am a novice). From this forum I learned it is either a LCD panel or backlight problem. So I took the panel apart, tested the LED strips, found 2 open LEDs which I replaced with diodes(1N4148). The panel's LED strip configuration is: 2 x 50-LED strips on top/bottom and 2 x 30-LED strips on each side.
    I successfully tested the 30-LED strips with a battery pack of 10 x 9V batteries. For the 50-LED strips, I tested each LED individually(phew!).
    So now I am assuming the backlight is ok, but I want to test it before assembling the panel. My test setup includes the chassis with LED strips installed, PSU/inverter combo board with BU5V(standby) jumped to PS_ON and PNL_POW via a 1K resistor. However, the backlights do not light up. When I measure the LED driver voltages(between LED_DRV1+ and LED_DRV1- and so on), I get ~27VDC - 25VDC for each LED driver. Each LED driver powers 80 LEDs, so I would expect over 240VDC. Any pointers as to how to proceed from here?
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-60LE810UN troubleshooting

To eliminate a bad LED strip/cables you can test the outputs briefly with a voltmeter, with the connectors disconnected the output should -briefly- spike to the operating voltage (or higher) before dropping down.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for replying tom. Now, while testing with or without the LED strips connected I only see 25-28 mV on the outputs which leads me to doubt my previous reading of 27-25VDC on the outputs.
      I confirmed that once PS_ON and PNL_POW is jumped to BU5V, I see "reasonable" values on the other pins:
      BU5V - 4.98
      PS_ON - 4.55
      PNL_POW - 4.55
      AC_DET - 3.2
      S13.2V - 12.95
      UR13.2V - 12.95
      Perhaps the inverter part of this board is bad?

Comment

I have one of the same sets sitting at home. Aquired it stripped of all boards. Only the panel and casing in which the panel is not cracked. . Im assuming this was the same problem considering what I have seen happen in sharp led TVs lately.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

since I just got done learning about the 80 inch version of this Set except for the fact that mine is backlit instead of edge lit I would say if you're not getting anything at as soon as you plug it in before you plug it in hole down input volume up and power and see if you get a quick flash the LED's this process will take about 30 seconds before the LED's light up for a split second

Comment

I did try many variations of holding various buttons down(as per forum posts) when plugging in but nothing happened. However, I am way beyond that know since the I've taken apart the LCD panel to fix the backlights(which I am reasonable certain are ok know). Right now, the inverter part is not outputting the expected voltage. Do you see any problem with my test setup?

Comment

just like I said in my last post your inverters are connected to a logic IC on the power supply that monitors reference between all LED strips for current differences if there's any different if there is a light what you need to do is download the service manual properly figure out how to reset the stage for the error.
              mine still not fixed properly yet but I can get it to come up by holding the volume down channel up button at the same time or try a vol up channel down button at the same time while plugging it in. If that doesn't work try holding the channel up volume down button and then plug it in hold down and keep holding down until you see the LED's try to light momentarily. put a voltmeter on the LED output and see if you get any rising voltage at all. There is a way but its tricky. I had my panel completely apart as well.
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-05-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

You could try applying 3.3v to.the ofl pin if you have that pin. Then try power input vol+ while plugging it in

Whats the STB pin doing throught the powerup cycle?
                Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-05-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I appreciate your feedback. To make sure you understand what I am trying to do, my test setup is as follows.
                  The chassis(which includes the LED strips) with only the PSU installed, no main, no TCON, no LCD panel, no front panel with buttons to push.
                  My thought was to attempt validating the backlight(by jumping PS_ON and PNL_PWR) before I assemble everything else because it was a pain to take it apart(probably more pain putting back together). With this setup I see no LED driver voltage with or without the actual LED_DRV connectors attached.
                  I am a novice, so I don't know if this setup is sufficient to fool the PSU to turn on the inverters.
                  There are OFL and STB pins(I don't know what these are for) on the LB connector, but I assume these signals normally come from the main board, right? Do I need to jump any of these pins too?

Comment

Yes stb is 3.3v tells power supply to power up. Ofl has something to do with the backlights turning on. There are others like adl and acl that are ramp up and sown timers for backlights that have to rise and fall with the same voltage at the same time. What you are trying to do is almost impossible I think. There are alot of different variables that are not like a standard ccfl lcd tv which is easy to trick to enable the backlighting.

Comment

With mainboard in tje equation you need to find out if stb is coming up. If not no mainboard powerup.
                      the only way to trick the system that I know of is the ch-.vol+ while plugging in the tv.

Maybe others will chime in that have a little more knowledge of sharps than I do. All I learned has been in the last 4 days with hands on with a sharp lc-80LE632
                      Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-05-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Ok, thank you. I guess I am going to have to assemble everything before proceeding. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Comment

Actually you can run the set with the panel still out as long as a t-con board is connected to the main board you do not have to have the panel connected to the t-con board it will still work without it regardless therefore you'll be able to see the LED strips light up and notice if there's any issues with them

Comment

That was exactly what I was hoping for. ty

Comment

I have an Aquos 60in with the same 1 long 1 short issue, looking for a troubleshooting procedure. I have not taken it apart yet but will be soon.

Comment

Before you take it apart I advise you to get the detailed flash code as follows:
                                Turn TV on, now I assume you see the short and long flash on the inverted V.
                                Hold VOL down and INPUT buttons at the same time.
                                Then press POWER. Inverted V should go to steady on.
                                Release all buttons and press POWER until V symbols turns off(about 5 secs).
                                Press POWER again and wait until inverted V symbol starts flashing detailed diagnostic codes.
                                If you still get the 1 -1 code, you are in the same boat as me. The worst scenario because you have to take it apart. My advise, take a lot of pics as you dismantle it.

Comment

BTW, I was offered a refurb unit for $700 from Sharp. That was not an option for me, but I thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by ijohannessen View Post
                                    Before you take it apart I advise you to get the detailed flash code as follows:
                                    Turn TV on, now I assume you see the short and long flash on the inverted V.
                                    Hold VOL down and INPUT buttons at the same time.
                                    Then press POWER. Inverted V should go to steady on.
                                    Release all buttons and press POWER until V symbols turns off(about 5 secs).
                                    Press POWER again and wait until inverted V symbol starts flashing detailed diagnostic codes.
                                    If you still get the 1 -1 code, you are in the same boat as me. The worst scenario because you have to take it apart. My advise, take a lot of pics as you dismantle it.
                                    Just curious. So instead of doing it that way I found that holding down vol+ ch dn and plugging it in bypasses the error on 2 different sharp tvs I have. An 80" and a 32" .that didnt work for your set? Read up in my post here ti see what I have done there still working great this way.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=lc-80le632u

id like to know if it works cause I have a 60le810un sitting at home gutted. All I have is a panel and casing. I am thinking of ordering all the boards for it.
                                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-10-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I got those instructions from another forum and yes I know it works because if i.e. I pull the TCON ribbon cable I get the 5 - 2 flash code.

Comment

Ok. Assemble the screen .reconnect tcon ribbons to panel and see if you get a pucture. Im betting you do.

Comment

Working...
                                        X