Intel DH61CR BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel DH61CR BIOS

Hello, I have the Intel DH61CR motherboard which i bought to use with an i5-3470, however, it does not support this CPU unless the BIOS is updated.

I don't have a 2nd gen cpu at hand, so I wanted to know if it's possible to update the BIOS without a supported processor, maybe with a BIOS programmer? Thank you.

Re: Intel DH61CR BIOS

Yes, you should be able to. What's written on the BIOS chip ?

Comment

http://imgur.com/8jShJO7

Here's the BIOS chip

Comment

Yes you can do that. Remove the BIOS chip, place in a cheap CH341A external programmer. Rename .BIO to .BIN to program. Solder back BIOS chip.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tehmatix View Post
            Hello, I have the Intel DH61CR motherboard which i bought to use with an i5-3470, however, it does not support this CPU unless the BIOS is updated.

I don't have a 2nd gen cpu at hand, so I wanted to know if it's possible to update the BIOS without a supported processor, maybe with a BIOS programmer? Thank you.
            be careful ,you must find bios backup from another board that hasbeen updatebios..
            Because you can't flash directly .bio file from updateexe intel website to your bios chip...
            .bio file from intel is hard to extracted from update.exe

I suggest you find another cpu (like g2020 proc), so you can update from running pc...OR find working dump hasbeen update bios...

Comment

Working...
            X